Awww, You Have A Heart

Chapter 15

Demi's POV

    Three hours later....

      I wake up from my nap, rub my eyes, and make my way back downstairs. The nap did me some good, but to be honest, I don't remember falling asleep to begin with. I guess Simon carried me upstairs.  Simon whips his head around when he hears my footsteps. I freeze for a moment, but soon relax. 

       "I didn't mean to bother you Simon. I just wanted to tell you I'm awake and still alive." I was hoping for a laugh out of him but I don't get one. "Demi, that's not funny." I nudge him. "It was just a joke. Lighten up." He gets up off the couch and approaches me in a rather aggressive. I back up in fear and bump into the stove. 

         "Demi, you can't say things like that lightly. I know your past is the past, but I get concerned when you make statements such as those.  We have all almost lost you several times and it was worst times of our lives, including mine. I would never live with myself if I let anything terrible happened to you. Especially if there was nothing I could do to stop it. I love you so much. Don't ever forget that. Okay?" I nod with my tear streaked face. 

      "I'm so sorry for yelling Demi. I know that I can be frightening when I'm angry and the last thing I would ever want to do is scare you. You've been through enough abuse with Wilmer. I swear on my life I will never damage you the way you did. I intend to pick up every broken piece for your past relationship and put it back together. This is a new beginning for you. I hope you'll see it as a much better one."

       I sigh. "It's okay Simon. I know I shouldn't joke about death, given that I've met or almost met it on several occasions. Any person with a heart would react that way. Wait a minute, awwww Simon you have a heart." He laughs. "Shut up you adorable brat." I giggle and he wraps his arms around me as he kisses my forehead tenderly.

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary