Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

Chapter 26

Simon's POV

    As soon as I walk through the door, I head upstairs and plop myself down on my bed. I take in the smell of vanilla perfume from Demi's dresser and enjoy the feel of the pillows under my head. It's so nice to be back in my bed. In fact, it's just nice to be home period. 

     Demi puts my belongings away for me because she knows how exhausted I am. "Thank you so much sweetheart. I promise I'll be back on my feet soon and back to my crabby self." She laughs and kisses my cheek. "I can't wait for that day. In the meantime, don't feel guilty about not being able to do a lot. You work harder than anyone I've ever met. You deserve to be lazy for a few weeks. Besides, I've talked to people at your record label and they can cover you for at least three weeks."

   "Dem, I didn't want to bring this up but I need to. What's the latest on the lawsuit from Wilmer?" She smiles. "I actually went down to the set of his new show two days ago after I left the hospital to give him a piece of my mind. I was successful enough to get the lawsuit dropped all together." I look at her in awe. "You are truly amazing. Do you know that?" She laughs. " I guess I'm okay. I'm just glad that it's one less thing we have to hang over our heads. Now you don't have to stress out anymore and you can recover in peace." 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary