An Important Question

Chapter 34

Simon's POV

6 months later.. the last show on the tour

    I can't believe how fast these few months have gone by, but I'm also happy to be returning home tomorrow. Though, I will miss seeing the amazing sights that I have with Nick and Demi. We even had a couple of lovely hotels where we did...... some interesting things that I won't go into detail about but it was pretty great. Anyways, I plan on proposing to Demi after her seat on stage in front of 50,000 people in New York City. Fingers crossed that she says yes. 

      Demi is on her last song right now, which happens to be Nightingale. Usually she doesn't end with that one, but she likes to change up the order of her set here and there. It makes things interesting. I close my eyes and listen to her angelic voice. When she finishes, I cheer along with the crowd and make my way on to the stage. The audience absolutely roars when I step on stage. Demi looks shocked to so me approaching her. She welcomes me with open arms though.

      I gently grab the mic from her. "Now you all are probably wondering why an old man like me is suddenly on stage talking to you with Demi's mic. Well I have a very important question to ask Demi and I wanted you all to witness it. Demi, the past year with you has been the best year of my life. You are everything I've ever wanted in a woman and more. You are loyal, kind, talented, strong, beautiful, smart, and a million other positive things. We have helped each other in good and bad times and I want to continue to do so." I get down on one knee. Demi puts her hands over her mouth. "Demetria Devonne Lovato, will you marry me?" 

      I pass her the mic. "Yes I will you Simon." We kiss and the audience roars once again. I glance over at Nick who has the most heartbroken look on his face I've ever seen on a person. I try to brush his jealously off by just staying in the moment. The love of my life just agreed to marry me. This is the best day of my life. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary