Green With Envy

Green With Envy

Chapter 35

Nick's POV 

     Simon and Demi get off the stage, both beaming from cheek to cheek. I put on a fake smile and congratulate the both of them. Demi is sincere when she thanks me, but Simon can tell that something is off. "Demi, Simon and I need to talk for a minute if that's okay." "Of course that's okay. I'll be in my dressing room gathering my belongings." As soon as she is out of earshot, I begin to freak out on Simon.

      "Simon, what the hell was that? You and Demi being together is one thing, but to ask her to marry you. Are you out of your fucking mind? Do you know how that makes me feel?" He snorts. "Nick, you're joking right? Demi and I have been together for a year and we're truly in love. We were bound to get engaged at some point. With everything that her and I have been through, I don't want to spend another second of my life not being engaged to marry her. Demi is the love of my life. I meant every word of what I said on stage. I'm sorry that my proposal has made you feel shitty, but you have no right to tell me that I am not allowed to get engaged to her. If you think of pulling a stunt at the wedding, don't even think about coming. I've tried being nice, but now I can't anymore. Either gain some respect or hit the road." 

     "Simon, I've known Demi much longer than you. I know things her that you only dream of knowing." Simon comes up to me and whispers in my ear. "Yes Nick you may, but you've never seen the more personal parts up close. You've never been lucky enough to make love to her. It's an amazing experience. I would wish that you could understand, oh wait no I don't because she's mine and will stay mine. This is your last warning." With that being said, he goes off to Demi's dressing room and I head to mine. Damn it... why am I such an idiot? 

Hoped you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary