Heart Attack

Heart Attack

Chapter 20

Demi's POV

 2 hours later... Meeting with the lawyer

      I squeeze Simon's hands one last time before Wilmer's lawyer enters the office. He's a middle aged man with dark brown hair, but a reseeding hairline. He also has an ugly moustache. I grimace at it. To be honest, I hate moustaches. Whenever I see a man with one, I just want to shave it right off. Oh my gosh Demi you need to stop with your bubble thoughts and focus on the matter at hand. The fate of Simon's company and his well being too. 

    Simon's POV

      Wilmer's lawyer introduces himself as Charles Trout. I have to fit the urge to vomit. It's such an ugly name for a man. I try to mock to take my mind off of the potential heart attack I might have. Charles turns to me with a dark grimace. "Simon, as you know Wilmer has filed a lawsuit against your record label. Though you probably don't know how much the lawsuit is for." My heart begins to beat rapidly. I try to hold in the stutters that want to escape my mouth. "Just how much is the lawsuit worth?" "The lawsuit Simon is worth one hundred million dollars." 

      Holy shit did he just what I thought he said?  A HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS! Demi looks at me in panic and I give her the same reaction. Pain builds up in my chest. I try to hide it but it's too overwhelming. My skin begins to pale and I fall to the floor clutching my chest. "DEMI CALL 911!" "One second Simon, let me find my phone." "Demi, I love you, but I am on the ground having a fucking heart attack. Just use the office phone." She runs to the office phone and makes the call. She nearly breaks down talking to the operator and it nearly makes me cry. I try not to because I don't need to add additional stress to my heart. 

      5 minutes later...

     Paramedics carry me into an ambulance on the stretcher. Demi comes with me as I'm wheeled to the hospital. Oh what a joy this is for me. Not only do I have a hundred million dollar lawsuit against my company, but I'm having a heart attack in the same day. Could things get any worse?

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary