Too Much To Handle (Part 1)

Chapter 18

Simon's POV

   The next morning... 

     I wake up in the king bed to find myself alone. Instantly, I begin to panic. Where is Demi? Why wasn't she beside me in bed during the night? I run downstairs and relax as soon as I see her watching TV while eating cereal. She looks at me with concern. "Simon you look like you're on the verge of an anxiety attack. Are you okay?" I rub my back awkwardly. "I am now. I was just scared when I found out you weren't in bed with me last night. Are you okay?"

      She smiles brightly. "I'm fine Simon. You were just so worn out yesterday that I wanted to give you some breathing space. I'm glad that you're feeling better. You do look pretty well rested. Do you want some cereal? It's children's cereal though. I have a soft spot for Lucky Charms." I laugh. "That sounds perfect. Nothing is better than marshmellows in the morning." 

       We eat in a blissful silence and enjoy each other's presence for as long as we can before we have to split up for a couple hours. Demi has interviews to do to promote the tour once again. It's hard to believe that in just a few days, we'll be hitting the road together for the next few months. To be honest, I can't wait. Until then, I get negotiations and paperwork galore. I groan, but get started. It won't do itself you know.

An hour later...

      Barbara comes into my office without knocking like usual. That damn Barbara. I give a famous eye roll. "What do you want Barbara? If you want to bitch, go to Starbucks with the other basic woman." She gives me an eye roll. "There is a man here to visit you. Can I let him in?" I sigh. "Sure, let him in." I regret what I just said because I'm face to face with Wilmer a few seconds later. I close my office door and pin him again the wall.

     "What do you want you scumbag?" He smirks. "I came to tell you that I'm filing a lawsuit against your record label. I look at him like he's on crack. "What the hell has my company done to piss you off?" "Oh nothing Simon, but your mere presence sickens me to the core. I want to make your life hell. I want everything you've built to crumble to the ground. You best believe me when I say that I can make that happen. You'll be hearing from my lawyer later."

     Barbara comes back in. "Is everything okay boys?" Wilmer puts on a fake smile, but gives me a menacing stare behind the mask. He pats Barbara on the back and makes his way out of the office. As soon as he is out of earshot, I turn to Barbara. "BARBARA, WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT THE MAN YOU WANTED ME TO SEE WAS THE LOWLIFE WHO NEARLY DESTROYED THE WOMAN I LOVE!" She looks at me in fear. "I'm sorry Simon, I didn't know who he was, I swear." 

     I begin to pace the room. "Well that asshole is filing a lawsuit against this company. God knows how big it's going to be. Next time you see him, do not let him come within a hundred feet of me. As if I didn't have enough on my plate between work, X Factor finale, and tour prep. Now I can had this lawsuit to the list. Barbara, please leave my office before I say or do anything else that I'll regret." She leaves and I hold my head in my hands. I instantly break down. I know I'm a man and it's weird if men cry, but right now I don't care.

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary