Surgery

Surgery

Chapter 23

Demi's POV

The next morning... surgery

   This is the day that determines Simon's fate health wise. I know how strong he is, but my mind tends to go a dark place so easily.  I know it shouldn't. It's such a bad habit. I'm pretty certain Simon will come out alive. He's not going to die on the table... I hope. 

Simon's POV 

   My nerves swell as several doctors wheel me towards the operating room. I don't like hospitals, but my main fear is going under the knife. I'm doing my best to contain a panic attack. Demi walks with me and she looks like she might break at any second. I keep telling myself to be strong for her. The doctors make a harsh stop at the double doors that lead to the operating room. "We don't mean to be abrupt, but your girlfriend can't go past this the point. We'll give you a minute." 

     She strokes my cheek. "Simon, I know that you're scared, but you'll be okay. I have faith in these doctors, medicine, and you. I'll see you soon. I love you." I grab her face gently and give her a passionate kiss. "I love you too and you will see me soon. Now let's go medicine nerds." The doctors laugh and wheel me past the double doors. I watch as Demi disappears out of view. 

8 hours later...

   Demi's POV

   Simon's doctor comes running down the stairs. He has a bright smile on his face. I breath a sigh of relief. He must have good news for me. "Demi, I have great news. My team and I were able to get rid of the oncoming blood clots, which were the main factor of his heart attack. Every last one of them have been removed." I throw my arms around him and give him the biggest hug I've ever given anyone other than Simon. "Thank you so much. You guys are amazing. When can I see him?" "You're very welcome and hes's in recovery right now, but you should be able to see him in a couple hours. In the meantime, go treat yourself to a nice meal. You should celebrate." I smile. "I think I will. I'll see you later." 

Hoped you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary