Time To Go Home

Time To Go Home

Chapter 25

Demi's POV

Two days later...

    Simon's doctor comes in the room to check him out to determine whether or not he can actually go home. He tells me that I should go grab a coffee or something because it's going to take a little while. I say okay and head to the Starbucks downstairs, get an Oprah Chai Latte, and sit down to drink it by the waterfall. The sound of the rushing water calms me. A couple fans across the way recognize me and ask to take some pictures. I laugh at how adorable they are. I say yes and snap some quick pics with them. I also make sure to sign their posters. I hug both of them and watch them walk away with a skip in their step.

      30 minutes later...

      I enter Simon's room again. "So Doc, tell me how Simon is." He grins at me. "I've been going over Simon's test results from last night and just now, which leads me to say that I have great news. Simon has remained stable for the required period of 48 hours so he can go home." I hug the doctor. "That's wonderful news. Thank you so much for everything you have done for us." "My pleasure. Now let me go get those discharge forms and a nurse to help Simon pack his belongings and such." He goes off and returns with Pat a few minutes later.

      Simon's POV

     As much as I appreciate everything my doctor and Pat have done for me, I'm so ready to leave this hellhole. I truly despise hospitals and it feels amazing to watch the last of my belongings be packed up and handed off to Demi. I ask Pat if I can walk on my own, but she tells me I have to be brought out in a wheelchair. I sigh but agree to do what she tells me. Demi helps me in and we head out to Demi's car, which valet just parked up front. Man it feels good to take in natural day. It's been a week since I've set foot outside. I can't wait to get home. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary