Losing Trust

Losing Trust

Chapter 38

Nick's POV

   At my place... 

        Demi has been sobbing in Ariana's arms for nearly an hour now. It truly breaks my heart. When Demi loves someone, she puts her heart and soul into the relationship. The way Simon acted tonight at her wedding was unacceptable. A loud pounding on the door gets all of our attention. No one moves. The knocking continues for several minutes. Whoever it is sure wants to come in. I open the door and in comes Simon. He's less drunk, but still not completely sober. At least he isn't wobbling all over the place. He pushes past me and heads towards Demi. Ariana and I block her from his view. "Will you just let me talk to my wife?" His voice cracks up. "Please." "You can talk to her, but we'll be in earshot in case you try to hurt her in any way." I lead Ariana into the kitchen. 

Simon's POV

   "Demi, I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am. I made a fool of myself in front of everyone dear to both you and I. Not to mention I almost hurt Nick physically when I promised I wouldn't do so. I'm going to go AA meetings and quit drinking all together. I know how much it scares you and I never want to see you be afraid of me. I was an angel in your eyes, but now all you probably see is a demon. I don't blame you for being upset with me. I deserve it, but I want you to know that I will do everything in my power to make things right. Will you give me that chance?" 

      She bites her lip but nods. Relief runs through my body. "Simon, I will forgive you in due time, but you have to punished in some way in order for me to know you have learned your lesson. Along with going to AA meetings at least twice a week, our honeymoon is off right now. Neither of us is in any condition to go on a fancy vacation. When the time is right, we'll go. Okay?" I nod. "There is one more thing Simon. I'm going to be staying with Nick for a little while." My eye does a stress twitch. A million horrible thoughts swell in my head. I push them back. I give Demi a peck on the lips and leave. There is nothing more to be said here. Demi doesn't trust me right now and who knows how long it will take to gain her trust back. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary