Between Us

Between Us

Chapter 31

Demi's POV

That night...

    Simon and Nick already went to bed, which I guess is good because quite frankly I need some alone time to think and what not. It's been three hours now and I'm still struggling to process that Nick is in love with me. First of all, how was I so blind not to notice it? Second of all, Nick seemed so heartbroken when he spoke to me. I care about him deeply, but I'm not in love with him. I am in love with Simon. 

    I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that I should tell Simon. I would if I could, but I want to prevent trouble from breaking out. The last thing I need is for Nick to get so angry that he becomes the next person to file a lawsuit against Simon out of spite. 

The next morning....

   Simon's POV 

      I'm eating breakfast in the small kitchen area when a bloodshot eyed Nick comes in. Along with his eyes being bloodshot, his hair is askew and his skin is pale. "Nick, buddy are you okay?" He puts on a fake smile. "I'm fine. Why do you ask?" I bite my tongue on accident and a bit blood of pours out of my mouth. I'm quick to wipe it away. "Well Nick I don't how else to say this, but you look hell. There's definitely something going on with you. Do you want to talk about it?" Nick tenses up. "I didn't do anything to you!" I hold my hands, taken back by the comment. "I never said you did Nick. If you want to talk I'm here." He nods and doesn't say anything else. I decide to leave him be and go find Demi.

     Demi and I collide when I head back to my room. I laugh and peck her on the lips. "Good morning love. I was actually just going to find you." She laughs in response. "You found me and good morning to you too." She tries to enter the kitchen, but I block her way. She gives me a look of confusion. "Nick is out of it this morning so I'm trying to give him space. Though, he might be willing to talk to you. He obviously trusts you more." I let Demi pass me into the kitchen. 

   Nick's POV

    I raise my head instantly when Demi enters. "Simon was right. You do look like hell. What's going on Nick? It's clear you haven't slept all night." He sighs. "I feel guilty for telling you what I told you last night." She grabs my hand and holds it to her heart. "Nick, don't feel guilty. If I were single, I'd be with you in a heartbeat. You're an amazing guy and any woman would be lucky to be with you. You are one of the most important people in my life and I'm always here for you. Simon doesn't change that okay?" I nod and she kisses my cheek. "Listen, we still have three hours before we get to Seattle. Go lie down. I'll wake you up when we get there." "Thank you Demi." "Anytime Nick. For the record, this conversation has to stay between us. Understand?" "Of course. See you in three hours." 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary