The Tryouts

Dear Diary,

Chelsea, Kylie and Jessica were at school showing off their skills at break. It's so annoying just to watch them do the things that even I mastered a long time ago. They do artistic so it's different to mine.

After the break, Ms Parker gathered us in the gym to stretch and get ready. Of course the 3 musketeers were stretching the hell out of themselves. Chelsea and Kylie were just admiring Jessica who was absolutely flunking it.

Ms Parker allowed us to present a routine. I did my ribbon routine. Ribbon is so graceful and I just feel awesome doing the routine. I saw Chelsea whisper something to Kylie but they looked pretty impressed.

At the end, Ms Parker scribbled something down and I walked out. I changed back into my original clothing and headed out. Later on, Ms Parker announced for the people who tried out for the gymnastics tryout to meet her.

We stood together. In the most dramatic way she announced that I won. The so-called musketeers were unimpressed but I didn't care. My heart raced fast as I went to tell Nana after school. Excitedly, I told Nana about my successful tryout and how I smashed the popular girls. Nana congratulated me and bought me a beautiful new leotard with turquoise and silver. At home, we ate some noodles. For a while, I did all my tricks and that made me feel good.

I wonder what will happen tomorrow...