Killing it!

Dear Diary,

I spent lunch and recess in the gym. I practised and stretched so hard that I felt perfect. It was like I belonged and I was special. And then it was all ruined. The three musketeers strutted in. (That's what I call Chelsea, Jessica and Kylie.)

I pretended to ignore them.
They were like 'Oh!' And like 'I don't care about the competition" and also like ' We're just training'.
They were such brats. Sometimes I wish that I could pull their hair out of their heads!

Then Jessica challenged me to see who had the most tricks. I was scared but I took the challenge. She did cartwheels, back tucks, twists and turns. I pulled it off because I contorted my body and did everything I could do. In the end, I won! The musketeers left and I was triumphed.

I told Nana everything including the win against the musketeers. Nana frowned at me for a while. She said that gymnastics was meant to be fun and free. It was no use beating another gymnast that I dislike. It was quite disappointing, her reaction but I soon realised her point. (I still hate the musketeers).

I went to the gymnasium and practised really hard. Coach Taylor helped me a lot. At the end, we had a fully practised routine for the ribbon and hoop. The first round of the gymnastics starts tomorrow! I am so prepared!

(I'm still nervous though!)