Shine Bright

Dear Diary,

We had our performance today and it was grand. So many people came to watch. I could see Nana in her new vibrant fuchsia dress. There were like 20 small performances. Leah was the best and she looked amazing. Our group dance was pretty cool too. I loved the part when I got raised on the rope. SUPER FUN!

IT was the perfect way to  celebrate after an Olympic season. My duet with Dan was the last thing and it was a killer. It left the audience in awe. There was loads of food along with some champagne. I had the best time. After the performance, the audience congratulated us and Ms Dodges and I did a speech. 

Here is what I said:

Hi, my name is Evanesca and I was an orphan. My parents died in a fire and my Nana has been looking after me since. I used to watch the gymnasts on TV and I knew that I wanted to be like them so I started lessons. I was the worst gymnast. No matter how hard I tried, I was never going to a gymnast. But Nana made me go even if I didn't want to. Thank you Nana because without your force and guidance I wouldn't me standing here today with my gold medal. Thank you to Ms Dodges for having faith in me and giving my such a great opportunity. I am Russian but I am just as proud to represent America. Here's what I've learnt : Never doubt yourself.

The audience applaused and Nana shed some tears. 

At 10:00pm everyone left except for the dancers. I found Daniel rummaging through his bag. He turned to say hi but I cut him off. I kissed him passionately. When I stopped, we were both breathless. For the first time, I wasn't afraid. He smiled his cute smile and then we did it again.

My life hasn't always been bad. I love my life. It turned out better than I expected.