The Big Chance

Dear Diary,

Something big happened today. It was so weird.

I stopped hanging out with Bronte. I just told her that I had something else to do. Basically, Leah and I were walking past Ms Dodges office. Ms Dodges saw us and called us to come in. I thought we had done something wrong so I was really nervous.

"Hello Leah and Evanesca, I have some good and bad news for both of you, which one do you want to hear about first?" She asked

"Both please"

''One of gymnasts in the Olympic team has broken her leg and will nto be able to compete. Since the Upper Juniors will be competing at another competition during the Olympics, we have no choice but to offer the Olympic spot to you guys. In this case, I shall trouble you two to stick some posters up for auditions to qualify onto the Olympic team"

Leah and I took the posters and stuck them up everywhere. I was so excited. I had a chance to show the world what I was capable of.

Bronte and her 'Bron-Brons' were circled around a poster. They babbled about the event. Bronte was the most confident. She wrote her name down at the sign-up station. I wrote my name down as well. Leah didn't. I guess she wasn't the type of girl who wanted to compete. But I did. After all I have been through, this was what I had wanted so badly. This was what I have wanted all along.