Competition

Dear Diary,

I woke up at 4:30am in the morning today because it was my make or break day. I was to compete at 11:30am so I figured I'd go train a bit. I spent 3 hours in the pool relaxing my muscles and then I headed to the gym to stretch. My body is so much more flexible than I used to be. Now I can do a chest stand and then place my feet down in front, go into a bridge and then stand up. I can even do a high kick and hold it for 3 minutes straight. 

At about 9:00, we gathered in the waiting area. There were many gymnasts of various nationalities. They were all in thick make-up and sparkly leotards. My heart was pumping blood so fast, it was beating against my chest. I was excited and nervous. I could make a career out of this and show my parents I was worth having and show Nana that I was a grateful child. Or I could break this and walk home crying forever.

Slowly, the gymnasts began to go out and I joined the Americans. The stadium was filled with bright lights and tons of people cheering. I could see Nana getting ushered to her seat and she saw me. Her eyes were red from crying. Slowly, we all performed out routines. Every time a gymnast finished her routine, it made me feel scared because the quality was so good. Then it was my turn.

I was the last gymnast. 

I drew in one last deep breath and walked out onto the floor. The bright lights were shining on me. I raced out onto the floor and began. I can't tell you how good I felt. To be in the Olympics doing gymnastics was amazing. I twisted, turned and showed out all my skills. My blue leotard sparkled on me. It was beautiful.

I landed softly with the blue ball in my hand. The crowd cheered so loudly, I think my eardrums would have popped. I raced off to meet my team. Everyone congratulated me and then we waited for the results.

My heart throbbed as they announced the winners.

At third place, Helena Brooks from Australia.

Phew!

At second place, Freya Delva from France.

OMG!

And at first place, Evanesca Ivanov from America!

I walked up excitedly onto the podium and a woman placed the gold medal around my neck. I smiled. The tears of happiness were fogging my vision but I could hear my mothers voice over everything else.

''I love you. You deserve this for being so brave"

I hopped off the and we continued on with the day.

At night the whole team came over to my room and we had a party. There was champagne, food and music. It was just wonderful. Miss Ida was so proud of me. I video-called Aggy and Hails and they were both crying to death. They were over-the-moon. Then Nana knocked on the door. We embraced into a hug and cried. 

I'm going home tomorrow. I am bringing my gold home.