Urgent

Dear Diary,

The Olympic thingo was really urgent so we had the  tryouts today. Bronte and all of the Bron-Brons had written their name down and were extremely confident.

I felt a bit intimidated but I knew I could do it. At 3:00pm the tryouts were held. We gathered at the Olympic training level. In the morning, they had already taught us a routine with the ball. It was hard. Harder than anything I had ever done. Nana, Aggy and Hails wished me good luck. I needed the luck.

I was last to perform. I was shaking so badly. I could hear Bronte and her group smirking and that was when I realised something. This was my one chance and only chance. A chance to show my parents that I was worth having and worth something. A chance to show give back all Nana had given me.

I walked out onto the floor and I let myself go. I twisted, turned, rolled and leaped. This was rhythmic gymnastics. It was supposed to be beautiful. When I finished, I notice that my eyes were shut and I was panting. Ms Dodges clapped as I packed gym bag. She scribbled something down and then walked back to her office.

Leah kept asking questions about the audition. She wanted to know how Bronte and her gang did. All them were reasonable. In the evening, Bronte came to talk to me. She was still her leotard but this time it was only her. She was smiling. 

"Hi, I was just asking how do you think you did?"

"Okay, I guess"

"Well, I would like to tell you, that no matter what I will be taking that spot. My father will find a way to bribe the Squad"

Then she strutted away. I was confused and angry. How was it fair that she could get the position? We all had to put in our efforts and she gets a VIP ticket? I don't think so.

My anger melted into sadness. I had no chance now. I knew how her money could get her anywhere. She doesn't know about my story. She doesn't know that I grew up without the 2 most important people in my life. She was going to the Olympics and I wasn't. What was gymnastics? Did it even matter to me?