School Life

Dear Diary,
It was my first time at a real school today. Since I lost my parents Nana has home-schooled me so I wouldn't feel bad. It was my first day at high school.

My homeroom teacher Ms Morrison welcomed me in today. During lunchtime, I sat on a bench alone and ate my sandwich. I'm Russian but I never told anyone. I didn't make any friends yet. In fact I don't really have any friends. I'm a quiet person.

After school Nana picked me up. She took me to gymnastics and bought me hot chips with aioli. At the gymnasium, I stretched hard and all. I feel proud because I am really advanced at all apparatus'.

Today I had a lesson in the artistic area. Bars, beam, vault and floor. I practised on floor and beam for in rhythmic gymnastics we don't use the same technique as bar and vault. The other girls were wearing colourful leotards but I wore black singlets and shorts. Coach Meghan helped me with my flexibility. I improved a lot since last year. When I finished practising, I took my beautiful yellow ribbon and practised all my tricks. Leg lifts, mounts and things that defy all odds. My legs felt entirely strectched and pulled to the absolute. Nana picked me up once again. 

While we walked home she talked to me.

"My darling, how was the practise?" asked Nana.

"Not bad," I replied.

'I had a chat to Taylor today and she said you did amazingly," said Nana.

"Well I would've passed if I was perfect," I mumbled.

"But she also said something else..." said Nana.

"What did she say?" I asked eagerly.

Nana shrugged and told me that she forgot. Now I know that whatever Coach Taylor said would be a chance of joining the Squad.