The Past.

Kendra 🌺.

I quickly exited out my front door reaching my 2017 Mercedes with my keys at hand. I hit the lock unlocking the doors and I entered the car, I started the engine turning the key quickly speeding off to work.

"I do not want to be late," I mumbled.

I turned my radio up trying to take my mind off being late and getting cursed out, "bitch my money stacked tall like the Eiffel Tower," Rich the Kid rapped.

I plugged my phone up going through my playlist while also looking at the road.

"Money stacked on top of money," Lingo rapped and I bobbed my head pulling up to a stoplight.

"Kendra!" Someone hollered and I turned my phone down looking over seeing some of my girls piled up in a Range.

"Hey y'all going to work?" I asked and they nodded, "you should work with us!" Fatima hollered as they truck sped off.

I then sped off pulling up into the office lot. I already knew I was late and Mr. Cunningham was going to get in my shit.

I parked in my regular spot and cut the engine, removing my phone from the aux.

I exited locking the door to my car and I walked inside the glass doors.

"Hey Ken," the ground floor receptionist, Flo said.

"Hey love," I said rushing to the quickly closing elevator, "no.. No.. No!" I hollered then someone stuck their hand out and I entered.

"Thanks so much," I said being greeted by a man with broad shoulders and milky chocolate skin.

He had a beard and boy was it a clean cut.. Slightly caused me to become damp between my legs.

"Welcome," he said, "floor?"

I stared at him in a complete trance, "7 please," I finally replied after staring for what felt like minutes.

"Same," he chuckled making me evem more wet.

He clicked the floor again and the elevator begin going up. "Douglas.. Douglas Mason," he said holding his large hand out.

Oh daddy those hands.. I thought.

I reached out shaking his hand firmly, "Kendra.. Just Kendra," I said exposing my smile towards him showing my teeth.

"No last name?" He asked seeming confused and I nodded, "just Kendra."

He licked his large lips, "that's lovely," he said and I looked down seeing our hands were still together.

Just imagine those hands all over me.. I thought.

The elevator opened stopping our contact and he allowed me to exit. I walked towards my cubicle office and I sat in my chair seeing I had folders stacked with paper work.

"Ken.. Mr. Cunningham wants to see you," my coworker Robyn.

I nodded standing up from my chair moving long hair behind my ear and I walked towards his large office door.

I knocked gently, "come in," he said.

I then entered the large room closing the door behind me, "you wanted to see me?" I asked and he nodded, he pointed his hand towards the chair infront of his desk.

I walked looking down at my open toed heels sitting down.

"Now.. You're late yet again Kendra.. I can't keep letting you slide," he said having his deep voice echo throughout the room.

"I understand.." I said looking up at him.

"I'n gonna have to let you go.." He finished and I nodded, I quickly stood up reaching my hand out trying to be professional even though I wanted to jump across that table.

I was the hardest motherfucker in this bitch.

He reached his hand out shaking my hand, I exited the office and I walked back to mine grabbing a box throwing all my things inside.

"It'll be okay," Robyn said peeking her head in. I laughed fanning her off, "I could care less," I lied.

I really did care because this job was all I had to pay my bills and things now I ain't even have one.

She smiled, "I'm gonna miss you," she said then I finished throwing everything in the box and I walked towards the door hugging her.

"Imma miss you too," I laughed then she walked away.

I quickly walked towards the elevator holding the box and I entered it pushing the first floor. I exited the large bulding finally reaching my car, I unlocked it getting in tossing the box in the passanger side.

I laid my head on the steering wheel beginning to cry my eyes out.

I didn't know where I was going to find another job.. I didn't wanna go back to living in the projects.. I was lucky enough to make it out.

I looked up seeing my mascara rolling down my cheeks and I looked over seeing a sign which said, "Magic City..."