Ch.5: New Team, Hot Spring, and Tenchi Bridge

We had reached the Leaf Village after saying goodbye to Gaara. Sakura went to Mom and Shizune and started telling them about Sasori’s spy an d Orochimaru’s hideout. Mom had told me to go to the hospital because there were a couple of surgeries that needed to be done.

I went off to complete my task. I knew what was going to happen already. Mom will try to get a new teammate and Naruto will go flying off the roof.

**Time Skip**

Mom had told me to go meet with my new team. I was walking toward the meeting spot. I saw Naruto and Sakura arguing and yelling with two others. A smile came on my face.

“SAI!!!” I yelled. I ran and tackled him to the ground. I giggled. He looked at me in shock and gave a smile. A real smile. He only did that with me. “It’s so good to see you again Sai. It’s been too long huh?” I said as I got off of him.

“Hello Angel. It has indeed been a while. It’s nice to see you. “ I grinned at him. Naruto and Sakura stared at us in shock.

Why is he being so nice to her? How does she even know him? Both of them thought.

“Ahem.” I turned around and grinned. “Uncle Yama!!” I also hugged him. He chuckled and patted my head.

“Alright we will start heading out on our mission but first Serena and I need to go visit Lady Tsunade at the hospital.” I looked at him confused. The others nodded and left.

 We were in Kakashi’s room at the hospital. I saw Dad, Mom, Shizune and Kakashi. Ohh! I remember this scene. This is where they talk about the cloak. But why did I have to come along?

Dad started explaining Naruto’s 9 tails cloak. He told us when he was out training with him, 4 tails had appeared and caused the severe wound on his chest. It was one of the times in his life that he was close to death.

“This cloak is precisely the reason why we have called you two here.” Dad said. “You both possess the wood release kekkei genkai. You two are the only ones besides Hashirama Senju,, the first Hokage, to have it. Yamato it was injected into you, but Serena for unknown reasons the First Hokage’s DNA was passed on to you naturally. You also have the ability to suppress the nine- tails.”

My eyes widened. They expected me to help with suppressing the nine tails? That was unbelievable.

“You will be able to use the necklace Naruto wears to activate the sealing.” We nodded.

**Time Skip**

Sai and Naruto were not getting a long at all. Naruto kept thinking that he was fake and that he’ll never replace Sasuke. But Naruto doesn’t know Sai’s story. He’s also had a troubled past, but ever since he was young he’s been in ANBU. Because he was so young, he was still learning. Therefore, it was easy to convince him not to have any emotions.

He started having some after I became friends with him. But he’s still cautious around others.

We were now resting at a hot spring that Uncle Yama so kindly provided us with. Sakura and I took our clothes off and wrapped a towel around our bodies.

I stepped outside and the warm steam hit my face immediately. I took my towel off and dipped inside the water and relaxed. Sigh.. this hot water totally relaxes my muscles.

Third POV

Naruto and the other men were also soaking in the hot spring.

Naruto suddenly stood up. Sai looked over at him. “Well what do you know, it seems like you do have balls after all.” Naruto flushed with embarrassment.

Serena took a deep breath a smile appeared on her face. She started scrubbing her body a bit.

“MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. DAMN IT, YOUR ALWAYS BALLS THIS AND BALLS THAT! YOU’RE SO ANNOYING” She heard Naruto yell from the other side. Serena blinked and started giggling. Seems like Sai got to him again.

Naruto flushed as he heard giggling. “Great! Now look what you have done! They’re all laughing at me!” Sai fake smiled. “At least you brought some joy to Serena and Sakura’s day.” He said.

Naruto got an evil glint in his eyes and started giggling. “Hehehe…Serena…” Yamato looked over at him.

“Before I go Naruto let me share a story with you.” He started. “Once when Master Jiraiya was young, one incident nearly caused him his life. He broke 6 ribs, both arms, and suffered several fractures. Supposedly Lady Tsunade did it to him. It all happened precisely because of what you’re contemplating now.”

Naruto started sweating in fear. “I wonder how Serena would feel as she is the daughter of her and has the same vicious temper and strength as the Hokage.” Yamato bluntly stated.

Naruto’s eyes became wide. If I was caught peeping on Serena, she would probably beat me like a drum

*Time Skip to next day*

Serena’s POV

We had left the hot spring an hour ago and were once again on the path towards Tenchi Bridge. The journey wasn’t that special, just normal arguing.

We were now practicing for the actual mission. The 4 of us were hiding within the forest as Yamato pretended to be the enemy. Naruto went straight on ahead thinking irrationally, as always. I ran after him to help him out.

As we came close, Naruto attacked, but Yamato blocked by kicking him out of the way. Sai came and helped me defeat Yamato by binding him. He used his snakes for the hands while I used wood style to bind his feet, thus ending the practice operation.

Naruto came out and started yelling at Sai on how they were supposed to stick together. “If we are supposed to stick together, why did you go head on without warning?” Sai asked.

Naruto stayed silent and just walked away. Uncle Yama and I just sighed.

It was night time now and Yamato had created a wooden house for us to rest in. I went on the roof to relax for a bit. Sai came up behind me. I looked up and smiled. I patted the spot next to me for him to sit.

We sat in a comfortable silence. This how we were sometimes. Just sitting together and enjoying each other’s company.

“Come on. Let’s go inside and get some sleep.” I softly told him. He nodded.

**Time Skip**

Today was the day. We were finally at the bridge. Yamato disguised himself as Sasori with his deep voice and Hiruko.

The four of us shrouded our chakra and hid behind the bushes as Yamato slowly walked towards the bridge. Everything became dramatically silent. Hiruko’s bells were ringing in the wind. It only brought more tension.

A black figure came from the distance. I became confused. What am I missing…what am I missing? The figure revealed itself to be Kabuto.

They were talking until my eye lit up in realization. Even though there was no signal, I flashed over to Yamato and pulled him back before Orochimaru came out. Both of us jumped back and Yamato came out of his disguise.

I stood there next to him growling at the Snake Duo. The other three came out of hiding and stood beside us.

“If you Konoha ninja are here, that means Sasori is no more.” Kabuto stated. We didn’t say anything. Orochimaru spoke up. “Ahh the jinchuriki you’re here.” He looked at Naruto, then at me. He licked his lips.

“If it isn’t precious Serena. It’s so nice to see you again.” He grinned. “Both of you have grown strong. But who has grown stronger. You two or Sasuke?” he hissed.

My eyes narrowed. “Give Sasuke back! Give him back!” Naruto yelled. Kabuto told him that Sasuke made his own choice coming over to them.

Naruto grew furious. His fox chakra started leaking out fast. Suddenly 3 tails came out and completely disoriented the bridge.

My eyes grew wide. “NARUTOOOOO!!”

End of Chapter 5! Hope you liked it!^^