Ch.31: Wedding

Serena's POV

"Will you marry me?" he asked.

My heart literally skipped a beat, then started racing again. I could feel the tears pouring out now. I knew my makeup was getting ruined, but at this point I couldn't careless. 

He stared up at me with a small smile and hopeful eyes. I was staring back at him wide eyed.

"I-I..." I stuttered. I could feel him losing hope. Disappointment showed across his face. My eyes softened. 

"Yes..." I whispered. He snapped his head towards me wide eyed.

"What?"

I smiled with my teeth glistening. "Yes... I will marry you." I knelt down, grabbed his face, and gently kissed him. 

He stood up, picked me up by the waist and twirled me around. I started laughing while hanging on, trying not to fall over. Sasuke put me down and kissed me again. I wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him closer.

I finally pulled away and grinned, but my arms still hung around his neck. "Thank you." I sincerely spoke. He smiled at me. Not the famous Uchiha smirk or anything, a full on genuine smile that showed his pearl white teeth. 

"You've made me so happy, Serena... I love you." I hugged him tight and stayed in his arms.

"I love you too. So much."

He finally pulled away and took out the ring from the velvet box. He grabbed my hand, and gently slid on the beautiful diamond ring on my left ring finger.

womens-wedding-bands-with-diamonds

Now I was wearing two rings. One was Sasuke's mothers ring, and after that it was the proposal ring. Both of them fit perfectly on my finger. It felt strange to have this feeling. I didn't know how to describe it. Excited? Nervous? Happiness? All of them coming together at once. 

The bushes around us shuffled a bit. I heard some muttering and whispering. I raised an eyebrow and looked back at Sasuke. He just sighed and rolled his eyes.

I smirked. Looked like we had some eavesdroppers. I completely sealed my chakra and calmly walked over behind the bushes without making noise.

I looked at the ground and saw Naruto and Sakura laid out 'spying style', their heads going into the bushes to watch us. But they didn't know that I was behind them.

I crossed my arms and slightly coughed. "Just what do you think you're doing??" I asked. The two froze and slowly turned around. The color on their faces paled as if they saw a ghost.

"Hehehe... w-what do you mean? W-We w-were just sitting here? Yea! Just sitting here..." Sakura stuttered. 

"Eh? Sakura? We weren't just sitting... we were obviously spying." Naruto exclaimed. Her eyes widened and she jammed her fist onto his head.

"NARUTO!! YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSE TO ADMIT THAT!" she screamed and shook his collar. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

I laughed. "You two are stupid. Now get up..." 

Sakura sighed and dragged Naruto up by the ears. They suddenly grinned at me. I raised an eyebrow.

"What?" 

"CONGRATULATIONS!!!!" they screamed. A smile grew on my face as I laughed. "How do you like our decorations and stuff??" 

"Did you guys do this?" I asked. They nodded. Aww. I felt my eyes water. I walked up to them and gave them a bear hug.

"Thank you so much. You guys are the best. Thank you." I sincerely told them. Naruto smiled and put his arms around my shoulder.

"Now why wouldn't I help my sister and best friend get married?" he winked. I blushed as I heard him say 'marry'

"We aren't married yet, dobe. We will be, *sigh* it will take a while to do everything." I heard Sasuke say as he came from behind and stood next to me.  

Naruto rolled his eyes. "Well you will be! So when are you going to tell everyone?" he asked. I froze. I had completely forgotten that we had to share the news. I mentally yelled at myself.

I shrugged. "I want to see how long it takes for everyone to figure out that I'm wearing a new ring..." I smiled. The others chuckled and nodded.

"Alright then, we should get going, I have a morning shift at the hospital tomorrow." I spoke up. We all said our goodbyes and left.

It was now just Sasuke and I walking back to my compound. The breeze gently pressed against our faces. My hands were shaking, but not from the wind. I was feeling butterflies in my stomach, it was as if they were eating my organs. 

Sasuke noticed something was wrong. "Hey..." he asked. I looked over at him. "What's wrong? Why are you shaking?" I shook my head and waved it off.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it." I told him and walked ahead. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. He tilted chin up. I could see that worry within his eyes.

"What's wrong?" he whispered. His hot breath sent tingles down my spine. "I'm just nervous..." I quietly told him. "I-I mean that nothing like this has happened. What if I mess up or something? During our wedding?" I looked at him with a frown.

I felt him chuckle. I glared at Sasuke. "What's so funny??" I exclaimed. He shook his head. "Why are you worrying about that?" he asked. I huffed and looked away.

I heard him sigh. He came around and hugged me, holding me in his arms. "Don't worry about it. Just be yourself. Besides that day is for us, no one else should matter. You will look beautiful no matter how you look like. It's just us two, taking on life." he softly told me. 

I nodded and closed my eyes. I was beyond happy that I had Sasuke in my life. He was the only one who could ever bring butterflies to my stomach. By the time I knew it, I had already fallen asleep. 

**Time Skip**

I was now walking towards the Hokage building. I climbed the stairs and knocked on the door. "Come in." Came the same reply. I entered the room and spotted Dad, Mom, and Kakashi just lounging around on the sofas. 

I raised an eyebrow at them in questioning. "So..." I casually started. "What are you guys even doing?" They all shrugged.

"There's nothing much to do... Surprisingly I have finished my paperwork. Which is shocking since I never do them..." Mom spoke as she took a gulp of her tea. Kakashi was sitting on the far left sofa reading his book while Dad was playing cards against Mom.

I sighed. "I swear it's the youth that's been doing all of this work these days..." I muttered. Dad just chuckled and Mom rolled her eyes.

"Give us a break Serena," she started. "I haven't had this much fun is such----" she froze. Her eyes were wide and she was in shock. I tilted my head in confusion.

"What's wrong?" I asked. She snapped out of her trance and blinked. Suddenly she started grinning slyly. "Serena... when were you going to tell us that you were engaged?"

Oh shit... Dad dropped his cards and Kakashi snapped his book shut. All of them were staring at me. I nervously laughed. "Eh hehe well it just happened last night.. so... today?" it came out as a question. 

Mom started squealing and glomped me in a hug. I stared at her in shock. This was not like her. Why is she so out of character? I mentally shrugged it off. 

We pulled apart from our hug and she looked at me. I could see her eyes glistening with happiness. 

"Woah woah woah..." the two other men stood up, "He proposed and didn't even tell us about it?? PUNK!" Kakashi muttered. He closed his book and ran out the room to find Sasuke. I tried to stop him, but Dad held me back. 

He guided me to the sofa and sat down. He came a bit forward and rested his arms on his knees. Dad looked at me in a serious tone.

"Serena. Are you sure about this? I don't doubt that he loves you or you him, but remember that he just came came back village after being a rogue ninja. Are you willing to accept him and the Uchiha past?" he asked.

I frowned a bit. I knew that Sasuke loved me but he has also done many things to this village. A couple of minutes passed by and I finally looked to my dad.

"I know Sasuke hasn't made the best of decisions, but I believe in him now. And I trust him with everything." I spoke. Dad looked at me for a sec then smiled and nodded. 

"Good. If he does anything to break your heart, you tell me and I will personally deal with it." he said. I laughed and hugged my dad super tight. This is the moment where I'm glad to have such an amazing family who loves me so much. I'm forever grateful. 

**Time Skip 1 week**

I was sitting in my dressing room. Today was the day. Anticipation crept through my veins. Butterflies flew in my stomach as if they were attacking each other. 

I was definitely nervous. I mean who wouldn't be on their freaking wedding day!! You're probably wondering how a wedding was planned within a weeks time?? Well when you have such great villagers, family, and friends... Nothing is impossible. 

They basically shut me out of the plan. I actually don't know what they're doing. I don't even know what my dress looks like!! Let me guess, you're probably thinking that "A bride is supposed to choose her dress!!!" Yeah.. I thought that too, until all of the women forbid me. *Sigh* 

I had just come back from the hot springs where the lady gave me a facial and back massage. Now my skin was practically "glowing." As they say it. I was sitting in a large dressing room that kind of looked like this:

2480446526_723e96aa38
(Imagine it not as modern since it's like the leaf village, and there isn't as much as technology... know what I mean?) 

I was wearing a simple bath robe and my hair was tied up in a simple bun. I heard the door open. I turned around and saw Mom, Shizune, Sakura, Ino, Hinata, Kurenai Sensei, and Temari. Yes the Sand Siblings came yesterday from the Sand Village for the wedding. 

In their hands was a huge white bag that had the dress, shoes, and accessories. All of them were wearing their bridesmaid dress already, with fresh clean makeup. 

18037.alfredangelo_6471_grape
I smiled at them. "You guys look absolutely beautiful!!!" I told them. They smiled at me and gave me a hug. We all gathered around and sat. I was having a glass of champagne. 

"So guys... I'm the one who is getting married... but who are you guys with? Huh?" I teased and wiggled my eyebrows. The girls started blushing. 

"W-who says that w-we are seeing anyone?" Hinata stuttered. I raised an eyebrow. "Spill it." I said. 

"Sakura, who are you with??" I asked. She blushed and muttered a name. My eyebrows grew in confusion.

"Who?? Speak louder." 

"K-Kiba" she said. The rest of the girls stared at her in shock. 

"You're with KIBA???" Ino yelled. Sakura nodded. I blinked and laughed. "hahaha wow, I never would have thought. But I'm happy. What about you Hinata, did you finally get your man??" I teased her.

She blushed bright red then slowly nodded. We all squealed and practically squished her in a hug. "Aww I'm so glad that you and Naruto are together!!" Temari squealed. I laughed. I wonder how that even worked out... she's so shy, and Naruto is so dense! 

"What about you Temari?"

"I can't believe I'm saying this... *sigh* Shikamaru." It was dead silent. I laughed first.

"It's not really a surprise... we kind of expected it." I spoke. The others nodded. "Yea." "Yea pretty much." 

"And finally... what about you Ms Ino??" Sakura asked. 

"I don't have to reveal anything!" she hmped and crossed her arms. We all rolled her eyes. 

"Ino.. I'm pretty sure you don't want a black eye on Serena's wedding day. So spill it, before we do" Temari threatened. 

"Okay okay! Just don't ruin my face!!" she squeaked. "Kkfjakd" she said. 

"HUH???? SPEAK LOUDER!" Sakura spoke. 

"Kann..."

"WHOOO????"

"GOD DAMN IT. KANKURO, OKAY?" she spilled. My jaw slacked as I stared at her wide eyes. 

"WHAT???? You and Puppet Boy???" I freaked. She nodded. 

Temari and Sakura stared at her in shock. "How the hell did that happen??" 

"Well... we were together at the war, and just spent time.. He saved me a couple times.... Okay a lot of times... and it just happened..." she said.

"Woah... I never knew those two would be together..." I replied. The others nodded in agreement. 

"Okay, Ladies!! It's time to get Serena ready." Shizune came and told us. We all nodded.