Ch.12: Birthday

I was soundly sleeping in my room. I was dreaming about how the world was made out of chocolate. My eyes were wide in happiness.

Yum yum yum! Just look at all of this chocolate. Oooh! There’s milk over there and dark right here.  I excitedly walked a bit more. Ohhh yeahh… and here’s some white. Man oh man.  I felt my mouth drool in my dream. I walked over and knelt down. There it was. Chocolate truffles that were filled with a light mousse.

My eyes became stars. I brought my mouth over and bit into it. I kept biting but for some reason it became really touth. *bite* *bite bite* *bite bite bite* I became confused. I started pulling on the chocolate more.

I bit into it finally. My saliva helped the chocolate smoothly melt into my mouth. It was heaven. Then it tasted bad. Like… like… detergent.

I suddenly woke up. I groggily looked around and saw myself chewing on my bed sheet. I groaned and rolled over taking the sheet out of my mouth.

I heard snickering. I mentally raised my eyebrow. It was probably my imagination. I ignored it. “She was chewing on her bed sheet! I wonder what she was dreaming about…?” I head someone whisper, and doing a bad job of it.

These people have disturbed my sleep. But once again I didn’t want to ruin my sleep at all so I thought by ignoring, the voices would eventually go away.

“Come on come on! Wake her up already!”  “Naruto! Shush!” I heard someone else sigh. “I heard that when one is sleeping, they should not be disturbed. I read that in a book.” A 4th person said.

Oh god how many people were here. That’s it! I jolted awake and glared at every each and one of them. “Get out.”   “Huh?”

“I SAID GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!” I yelled. “Shadow Clone Justu!” made three other copies of me. I grabbed Naruto and my clones grabbed the other three.

I dragged them all to the window and literally threw them away. “IF YOU EVER DISTURB ME IN MY SLEEP AGAIN I WILL BEAT YOU UP SO BAD THAT YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO TELL WHOSE WHO!! DON’T COME NEAR 10 FEET OF ME IN THE NEXT 3 HOURS!!!!!” I scream exasperated out the window. I brought my head back and in snapped the window shut.

I rubbed my temples from the early morning dizziness. What am I missing…? Whatever. Don’t care anymore.

I went into my closet and chose my undergarments and nice clothing. I felt like today was going to be a good day even though my morning was bad.

I went into the bathroom to take a nice shower. I came out and brushed my teeth. I dried my hair with a wind jutsu. I was in a girly girl mood so I decided to dress up a bit.

I still wore my two necklaces, bracelet, ear piercings, and ring. I was wearing a small casual dress where the chest part was white and the skirt was black. I wore dark brown boots and sunglasses to top off my look.

I put some body spray and walked out the door. I felt the sun beating down on my skin as I smiled. But I kept getting a feeling that I was missing something. I shrugged it off.

Hmm I think I’ll go for some tea and dango this morning. I sat down on a table and ordered a plate of dangos and jasmine tea. I slowly chewed on the sweets and swallowed them with tea.

After breakfast, I decided on to visit mom. I knocked on her door. No answer. I stepped inside. There was no one there. Hmm.

I went out looking for others, but I didn’t see anyone. Where are all the teams? I sighed. I might as well just go home and relax for the day.

I took out my keys and unlocked the door. I went inside and shut the door behind me. I turned around and….

“SURPRISE!!!! Happy Birthday!” Everyone yelled. My face was stoic. I blinked a couple of times. I tilted my head at an angle.

“Today’s my birthday?” I asked nonchalantly. Everyone anime fell. “She didn’t even know it was her birthday today! Man what a drag…” I heard Shika say. “How can you forget your birthday!!” Saskura yelled.

“ I never cared really before… The last I celebrated my birthday was with….” I looked down remembering my birthday memories with Sasuke.
He had baked me a chocolate cake with his own hands even though he doesn’t like sweets.

I thought that was the sweetest thing. He didn’t buy me anything, but rather we just hung out at him making homemade things and just enjoying time.

Everyone became silent. It was awkward. I snapped out of it. “Anyways!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY NARU-CHAN!” I yelled and tackled him into a hug.

He started laughing and hugged me back. We both got up. “Okay so we just wanted to surprise you right now, but the party will be at night on top of the Hokage mountains okay? And remember to dress nicely!” Ino said.

I nodded and grinned. “Hey Naruto. Since there’s a long time until the party, how about we go out to our special waterfall for a swim eh?” I asked.

He nodded and smiled. He went back home to pack some of his things. As he left, I went into the kitchen to make a picnic basket.

Hmm what should I bring today...Something basic and simple but delicious. I looked around my kitchen to see what I had. I found some left over roast beef, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, herbs, lettuce.. I had a lot more than I thought.

I took a slice of toasted bread and put on roast beef, mayo, thin tomato slices and onions and topped it off with more bread. I made two of them.
I also made cold pasta with pesto, tomatoes, basil, and small mozzarella cheese balls. I packed some lemonade and homemade brownies that I had made yesterday. I put it all in a basket.

I went back upstairs to choose my bathing suit. I had many… but for today I chose a beautiful peach colored bikini that was one strapped. I put on a lose shirt and shorts over it.

I took everything and met Naruto outside. Together we walked towards our waterfall. I set everything down on a red blanket.

Naruto took off his shirt and I took off both my shirt and shorts. He suddenly came up behind me and put me over his shoulder.

“Ahh! Naruto put me down!!” I slapped his toned back while laughing. He chuckled at me. “No way Serena! I’m so throwing you in the water!” Before I knew it I felt myself inside the clear and gorgeous lake.

I popped my head out of the water and grinned at Naruto. I got an evil glint in my eyes. He backed up. “S-Serena. D-don’t do it! You know I was joking right! Right??.. Ahhh!!” He ran around yelling as I chased him around the lake.

I flashed in front of him and tackled him down on the ground. We rolled all the way down the mini hell until we came on the bedside of the waterfall.

He was on top me on all fours and face inches away from mine. I was breathing hard due to all the running. I coughed to let him know our position. He blushed and quickly got off of me.

He stuttered. “S-sorry…” he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. I rolled my eyes and pushed him into the lake.

“Hahaha! Take that Naru-chan! Now whose the one in the lake!” I yelled out. He poked his head out of the water and started yelling at me.

I laughed. “Come on Naru-chan let’s get some food, eh?” He nodded. We both sat down and began eating our food.

“Remember when we first came here, Naruto? This was the place I gave you my friendship necklace.” I looked over and saw him still wearing it at the moment.

He smiled at me. “Yeah. I remember it clearly. How could I not? That day we promised each other that we would always be there for one another.”

I nodded and gave him a side hug. It was time for us to get ready so we went back home. I took another shower and dressed myself up. I wore a dark short black dress that was crystalized for the chest area. I put on hoop earrings, silver heels, and applied dark red lipstick. I also curled my hair to top off my look.

I walked towards the Hokage Mountain and stared at the decorations wide eyed. It was beautiful. There were colorful lights hanging in the trees and above kind of like an arch. Paper lanterns gave the finishing touch around.

It smelled heavenly also. There was a huge grill. It seem like it was BBQ. Chicken and Steak, with grilled veggies.

On the food table I spotted Sake! Lot’s and lot’s of it! At the very end I saw the cake. I snuck under the table and crawled towards the cake end. I poked my head out making sure no one watching and swiped my finger over the bottom.

I licked my finger to get a taste. Mhmmm! Triple chocolate brownie cake! How delicious! “Ahem!!” I heard. I looked up to see Shizune with her hands on her hips. “Now now Lady Serena, you can’t eat the cake yet.”

I pouted in disappointment. Mom saw me and came over. “Happy Birthday baby! I remember you when you were so young. You have grown so much.” She hugged me and kissed my forehead.

Everyone greeted Naruto and I. There was music playing and we were just enjoying ourselves. I was chugging down bottles and bottles of Sake.
I was now officially drunk. I was stumbling around everywhere. It was pretty dark, but the lights illuminated the city below.

I walked towards a familiar tree. I squinted at it. “Y-you tree. Have I seen you somewhere?” I asked the tree. No reply. “Hmph. Fine don’t *hiccup* reply. But where have I….Aha! That’s right! This was the tree that Sasuke and I came too! Right right..*hiccup* hehe this is where he gave me the ring.”

I was laughing now. I knew someone was behind me listening, but I didn’t care. I just kept ignoring, until a song came up.

“There's a fire starting in my heart,
Reaching a fever pitch and it's bringing me out the dark.
Finally, I can see you crystal clear,
Go ahead and sell me out and I'll lay your ship bare,
See how I'll leave with every piece of you,
Don't underestimate the things that I will do.
*hiccup* hehehe
There's a fire starting in my heart,
Reaching a fever pitch and it's bring me out the dark.
The scars of your love remind me of us,
They keep me thinking that we almost had it all.
The scars of your love, they leave me breathless,
I can't help feeling,
We could have had it all,
Rolling in the deep,
You had my heart inside your hand,
And you played it to the beaaaaaaatttttttt.” I slurred out.

“Doesn’t that song just pour everything out?” I asked myself. I kept walking backwards. I didn’t know where I was going.

Before I knew it, I was falling off the Hokage’s mountain. “Ahhhh!” I yelled. I landed roughly in somone’s arms.

“Hmmm who are you? Sasuke?” I shook my head and laughed. “Haha noo… I always talk about him when I’m drunk. Besides he told me he hated me and almost killed me! Ha! Although, I really don’t think my Sasu has grey defying hair….” I muttered.

I rested my head on the person’s chest. “Mhmm you smell good. Like… Uhm Axe.” I giggled. “Right. Axe. Just like Sasuke. You smell like the brown axe, but my Sasu… wore the red one. It was my favorite.”

Third Person POV

Kakashi held Serena in his arms at the bottom of the mountains. He had flashed over and caught her as she fell. He listened to her talk about Sasuke.

He frowned at the part when she said that Sasuke told her that he hated her. Kakashi gave a small smile at the Axe mentioning. Serena snuggled more into his chest.

“I love you…Sasuke. Always will.” She stuttered and fell asleep. Kakashi felt his insides break. He new that Naruto lost his best friend, but Serena lost the person she loved. Her other half, the one she trusted. The one she wanted to share a life with.

Kakashi knew that he would try to bring Sasuke back. For her. He sighed and kissed her forehead gently. “I promise you angel, I’ll always be here for you.”

**Time Skip**

Serena’s POV

I woke up with a pounding head ache. Ugh my head feels like shit. I groaned and got some pills to take away the pain. I found a note on my bedside.

Angel,
Try not to fall over the Hokage mountains, okay? It would have been bad if I weren’t there. Once again, Happy Birthday.
Kakashi

I smiled at the letter and chuckled at the fact that I was stupid enough to fall over. I shook my head. I went off into the shower to freshen up.

After, I came out and changed, I went to Mom’s office. She had multiple emotions running through her eyes… “What’s going on?” I asked as I saw the rest of Team 7 with Kakashi and Yamato.

“It has been found out that Orochimaru was killed. By Sasuke Uchiha.” She said. Everyone’s eyes widened except mine. I just shrugged. I knew it was coming.

“Eh.. the snake bastard had to die someday right?” I said uncaringly. The others stared as if I grew another head. “Why are you looking at me like that?” I asked.

“How can you be so relaxed about that??” I just rolled my eyes. “ I just am. I can’t help it. I just wished I could have killed him off earlier, but the damn Uchiha got him first.” I hmped and crossed my arms.

“Sasuke is out there doing something.”  I waved my arms off. “Don’t worry. He’ll be fine.” I walked out of the Hokage’s office.

He’s probably out making his team about now. Heh. Things are starting to get interesting. 

End of Chapter 12! Hope you liked it!