Ch.15: Itachi

Serena's POV

It has been a couple of days since I last saw Sasuke. I was now with Team 7 and 8 searching for Itachi. I had an idea where he was but I wasn't quite sure. We were in the forests looking for any chakra signatures.

"Do you guys sense Sasuke's chakra?" Naruto asked. I didn't reply. I haven't really thought about him since the last I saw him. I had tried to keep a calm expression, but inside I just wanted to hug him and kiss him. Did he feel the same way?

I would never know. I had given the scroll to Itachi on that same day when they were sealing the 3 tails and 4 tails. I saw the other Akatsuki members. I had told them that Deidara had died sacrificing himself for his Ultimate Art. 

I looked at all the trees and breathed in the fresh air. I felt like I was forgetting something. Well I forget a lot of things. But this...  This thought was bugging my mind. 

Let's see.. I just met Sasuke after he visited the warehouse...he fought Dei and was majorly injured.... I became confused. I shrugged it off. My brain was going to explode with all of this thinking. 

"I smell something!" Kiba exclaimed from ahead. We snapped our heads towards him. "What is it?"  He sniffed again.

I tries sniffing. *sniff sniff* Huh.. it just smells like dirt and moss to me... It's probably because I don't have canine senses like him. Eh, it was worth a shot. 

"I have a faint scent of Sasuke." Naruto rushed to him and grabbed his shoulder. "Which way does it lead???" Kiba pushed him off and continued sniffing. 

"That way!" he pointed. We all headed off in the direction of Northeast. We all followed the scent. Well I technically just followed Kiba and Akamaru. 

"Wait stop!" he excalimed. *Sniff Sniff* "Now it's this way!" he said. We followed him in the new direction. 

After a while, I noticed that the scents kept going in multiple directions. "STOP!" I yelled. Everyone haulted. "What is it?" Kakashi asked. 

"Don't you guys see?? We've been following multiple scents of Sasuke! They have lead us off their real route! We have to split up and find the real trail." I informed. Their eyes widened. 

Kakashi split us up into groups. I was with Kiba and Akamaru. We all dispersed following each chakra trail and scent. 

Something isn't adding up... I know they're trying to get us away from them... but why?! I became frustrated. Okay think back... to the anime. 

This was annoying. I added some chakra to my brain area to relax the muscles a bit. I closed my eyes and breathed in and out.... in... out.

My eyes abruptly opened. I was speechless. No... No!! I have to hurry! I quietly made a shadow clone to keep my place and sneaked off. I was running as fast as I could. 

I have to get to the Uchiha hideout and fast!! I was sprinting as if I were in a 100 meter dash. I was suddenly out of the forest and in a mini town. I jumped across all of the roofs and saw Kisame holding the rest of Team Hebi. 

I flashed right in front. "WHERE'S ITACHI!!!" I yelled at him. He looked at me surprised. The other three just stared wide eyed. Kisame frowned. 

"He's in battle." I shook my head. The tears we're coming out. Fast. I turned around and started running away. But a hand was holding me back.

"I can't let you go there, Angel. I'm sorry." Kisame softly told me. I was becoming violent in his hands. 

"NO NO!! PLEASE KISAME YOU HAVE TO LET ME GO!! LET ME SEE ITACHI!" I yelled at him as my tears flowed down my cheek. He shook his head. Why! Why won't he let me go! I can save him!

I started hitting his chest. "Pl-please Kisame. Please!" I sobbed into his chest. "I beg of y-you. P-please.." I was full on crying now. I didn't care if the others were staring at me. 

I can't lose him. I can't... He didn't even say good bye! Itachi is everything to me. He's my brother, caretaker, and listener. I whimpered in Kisame's arms. He was stroking my hair.

"It's okay Serena. I promise you. It's okay." He soothed. I shook my head. "No no it's not okay! How can you let him go like that! STUPID STUPID STUPID IDIOT!!!" I yelled. 

The atmosphere started changing. Thunder clouds rolled in. "SERENA CALM DOWN!!" I wasn't listening. I was mad. Furious. But most of all I was heartbroken. How could he leave me. 

Suddenly 2 inner chakra gates started opening.

Third POV

The four looked at Serena wide eyed. Chakra was literally radiating off of her. The ground crumbled at every step she took. CRACKLE! 

Lightening flashed across the sky. The rain started pouring. "What's happening!!??" Suigetsu yelled as he tried to shield his face from the hailing rain. 

Kisame was still in shock, but snapped out of it. "HER INNER CHAKRA GATES HAVE OPENED! SERENA! KID CALL DOWN!!!" Kisame ran up to her and tackled her to the ground. 

He pinned her arms above her head. "Serena! Serena.. listen to me.. kid.. listen!" He begged her. Kisame hated her seeing like this. He knew how close she was with Itachi. She's known him since she was 5.  He knew that Itachi always loved her like a sister. Like family. 

"Serena...?" he whispered afraid that she will break down. She slowly looked up at him. Her eyes red and puffy. Tears were flowing down like a nonstop waterfall. 

She suddenly stood up and flashed away. Too fast for Kisame to catch up to her. He sighed and rubbed his temples. 

"Why was she suddenly like that? I mean it's just Itachi..." Suigetsu shrugged. Kisame glared at him and brought his sword to his neck.

"Shut up Suigetsu. You didn't know the relationship between Serena and Itachi. Serena and Sasuke might have been dating and she probably still loves him. But she's closer to Itachi then she's ever been with anyone at the Akatsuki. Even her sensei from the Leaf Village. That's how strong their bond was." he growled.

The three teammates eyes widened. But they frowned. Karin was feeling bad for Serena. She may have not have liked her... but the way she witnessed Serena break down like that... hurt. 

Serena's POV

I flashed away from Kisame and the rest of Hebi. I didn't care what they had to say. 

I came towards the hideout. Everything was in black flames. I glanced around. All walls broken, crumbled to the ground. 

I saw two figures lay ahead side by side. My heart almost stopped. I knew Sasuke was going to be fine... from the anime. Right now... I cared about Itachi. 

There he was. Blood covered his entire face. His hands, eyes were bleeding, his hair had patches of blood. It was terrifying. His eyes were black, pure black.

I just stood there mouth agape. "I-Itachi?" I whispered. My legs moved on their own. "Itachi!! ITACHI!!!" I screamed. I flopped by his side and started shaking him. 

He wasn't moving. "Itachi!! This isn't funny anymore! Please! Please don't leave me alone! Wake up!" I begged. 

"What about our promise! YOU PROMISED ME THAT YOU WOULDN'T LEAVE LIKE YOUR BROTHER DID!!" I sobbed uncontrollably. "Please for me! Wake up! I can't lose you! Itachi! Itachi!"

My heart broke in two. My eyes became hollow. Tears were pouring out of my eyes, but words weren't coming out of my mouth. 

I cared about Itachi! I couldn't care less if Sasuke was there right now! I just wanted Itachi back! My body felt sore. Like lead. All of the pressure from the world was now weighing down on my shoulder. 

My tears hurt. Burned. Pain. My body was numb. I started pounding his chest. "Pl-please Itachi! There has to be another way! There has to be! I'll do anything! J-just wake up." 

"Please don't leave me! I don't want to be alone anymore. Alone..." 

I was sobbing into his chest now. I felt something hit my hand lightly. I just glanced at it and looked away. 

My eyes became wide. I stared at the object again. THAT'S IT!! I grabbed Itachi's body and teleported away from the site, before anyone could come. 

I will save him. 

End of Chapter 15! :'( Hope you liked it!^^ Comment on it!