Ch.6: Battle with Orochimaru&Kabuto

Naruto’s chakra started leaking out. FAST. I had never seen him that angry. The release of his chakra cause the whole bridge to break into pieces.

I made quick hand signs. “Wood Style: Wood Release” I let branches of wood come out to hold the bridge up as best as I could.

But the winds were strong. They almost overpowered the wood, but Naruto went on and attacked Orochimaru a bit away from the bridge.

I was about to follow until Kabuto came in front of me. He smirked at me. “Hello Serena. Nice to meet you . How have you been?”
I growled. “I’ve been training. That’s what.”   “Let’s see how much you have improved, eh?”

We got into a fighting stance. He came running towards me with his Chakra Scalpel.

It’s when his hand is filled with chakra and when it comes in contact with someone it can cause internal damage without actually an opening or cut…kind of like gentle fist.

I tried to avoid his hands as much as I could, but he was fast. He hit my left shoulder. I hissed in pain as the muscles crunched up inside.

I sneakily took out some poison senbon and threw them at him. I knew he might dodge so I also created a wood clone that appeared behind him and jabbed a few pressure points on his spine.

His movements became backwards. He tried to use his left arm, but instead his right one moved. Same with the legs. He growled a bit in frustration, as I put my green hand over my shoulder.

He flashed behind me and kicked me in the legs, leaving me to crouch down. He grabbed my arms with his Chakra Scalpel.

I screamed in pain as he cracked my bones inside. I bent over and spun my head on the ground, kind of like a DJ, and Chakra kicked him off of me.

He landed with a thud. We both were beaten a little with blood coming out. He threw shuriken and senbon at me. The senbon were nearly invisible, but with me working with them ever since I was 5… I was used to it.

I flashed out my sword and swung all of the incoming weapons away. I teleported behind him and hit him with a Rasengan. He flew to the other side of the bridge.

Kabuto shakily stood up. I looked behind to see Sakura and Yamato get off the bridge. “Sakura!” I yelled out. She looked at me. “You need to distract Kabuto for me! I have to help Naruto!” She nodded.

I ran away into the deeper parts of the woods. I saw Orochimaru there with a completely chakra covered Naruto. His skin had peeled away. He wasn’t himself.

The two were fighting head on. Naruto stood up and paused. He started gathering chakra to his mouth. My eyes widened. Oh SHIT! That’s not just any chakra! He’s combining high density and volume of it. If I don’t get out of here now, I’ll be crisped alive! 
I started backing up slowly, then went off into a full sprint towards the bridge. BOOM!

Wind started howling through the trees. I crouched down and summoned a wood branch to keep me on the ground.
My hair was flying in the wind. A huge light came and the wind suddenly stopped. I shakily got up, as the air pressure was high. Once I was fully on my feet, I ran towards the broken bridge.

“Wood Style” Wood came out of the cliff and grew. I was running across now, as the wood kept up its pace with me. As I ran, it grew.
Suddenly Naruto came across all the way from the forest and landed in a HUGE crater in front of us. “Captain Yamato! If he goes on like this, this whole area will be completely destroyed!” I screamed.

“You help Sakura! I’ll get Naruto back!” I informed him. I turned around and  step by step walked up to Naruto.

“Easy there. I won’t hurt you.” He growled at me and swing his tail. I flew into the nearby tree. “Ughh.” I muttered. I wiped off the blood that was coming down my forehead.

I have to do this! I slowly walked towards him again. “Naruto?” I softly called. “Naru-chan..?” He looked at me but didn’t do anything.

I walked a bit faster and created a series of hand signs in a flash and held out my hand. “Hokage-style! Sixty year old technique!!” I yelled out.
Wooden spikes started growing around Naruto. A seal appeared on my palm and blue chakra came out. The chakra started heading towards him and connected with his green necklace.

My blue chakra grabbed a part of his orange chakra and pulled it towards me. I was getting exhausted quickly. This required a lot of chakra, and I was still a bit weak from the bight from Kabuto and one of Naruto’s tail causing me to bleed internally.

Black spots clouded my vision. But I couldn’t give up. My blue chakra pulled more. The orange chakra started disappearing from his face and finally it pulled it all away. All of the chakra absorbed into the seal in my hand.

I ran towards Naruto shaily and knelt down. I hovered my hands over his wounds. His whole body was red. That red was his muscle. All of his muscle flesh was exposed.

I felt a tear drop down my cheek. Oh Naruto…I’ll fix you up. I don’t care if it takes a lot out of me. I will. I started pouring all of my chakra into his body. All of my chakra got used up just to bring his skin back.

I felt 2 gates open within my chakra system. I closed my eyes and BAM! The excess chakra spread throughout my body.

I poured all of the excess trying to fix the internal damage wthin from when Orochimaru’s sword penetrated his torso.

I was panting heavily. Sweat poured out of my skin. My lips became chapped and my hands color paled. I gave him the last of my chakra. The opening of the inner gates causes severe side effects.

Naruto slightly opened his eyes. “S-Serena?” I smiled and nodded. 

Third POV

Naruto was feeling a bit weak but he actually felt much better. Better than how her normally would feel. He opened his eyes and saw a face looking at him. She was beautiful. Seemed like a guardian angel.

He looked at Serena’s tear stricken face. “S-Serena?” he called out. She smiled and nodded him. He felt himself smile a bit. He looked at her frown a bit. He became confused. Suddenly her eyes rolled in the back of her head and she fainted.

His eyes widened. “SERENA??!” He yelled out. Naruto quickly sat up and started shaking her. “Serena….Serena?” Nothing. She had blacked out.

Sakura and Yamato quickly came over. Sakura knelt down and started inspecting her. “She has broken bones, organ damage, it seems like her chakra system has also been a bit damaged from the excess chakra she gained. She will need rest. Lots of it. I don’t know when she’ll wake up.” She informed softly. Sakura started healing her bones. That’s all she could do at the moment because she was also low on chakra.

**Time Skip**

The 4 of them were in cleaner part of the forest ahead of all the damage. Sai had gone off with Orochimaru. All of them felt betrayed.
 Naruto was confused. Who caused that huge crater? The destruction of the bridge? What exactly happened? 

Yamato took Naruto aside to explain what happened.  “Naruto because of your anger your fox chakra was unleashed. You grew more than 3 tails. The crater, the bridge, Serena… was all because of you.” He stated bluntly.

Yamato said this in the anime. Not the exact words, but similar.

Naruto’s eyes widened as he snapped his head towards Serena’s body. No words came out of his mouth. I-I did that? This was my fault. All of it. I hurt Serena. I hurt my best friend. I’ll never be able to forgive myself if she never wakes up.

He felt his feet move towards her. He sat down and put her head on his lap. Softly stroking her hair, Naruto felt tears run down his cheek.  Please wake up. Please please. He begged holding her pale hand.

**Time Skip**

Yamato was carrying Serena was all of them followed one of his clones to Orochimaru’s hideout. They all ran inside trying to locate Sai. The three of them barged through many doors.

Naruto finally broke through a door. Sai was inside packing his belongings. He ran inside and grabbed his collar.
The both of them started arguing. Sai told them that his real mission was to eliminate any threats to the Leaf, which included Sasuke Uchiha.

Naruto and Sakura ran out the door to find Sasuke. The hallways were long and the doors mysterious. What was behind them.. no one knew. But they didn’t care as long as they found their teammate.

Yamato laid Serena down in the bed of Sai’s room. We’ll come back and get her later. He ran out to find the others.
BOOM! An explosion happened on the other side of the hideout. Sai was standing in the middle of the rubble. Sakura ran out and grabbed his collar.

“Sai! What do you th—“  “Sakura.” A voice said. She froze. Her eyes wide she turned to look up at the top of the small cliff.

“S-Sasuke…” Naruto heard and he ran out into the clearing. He looked up eyes wide. “Naruto.”  Yamato came out and stood next to the others.
Sasuke raised an eyebrow. “Hmm where’s Kakashi?”  “Kakashi isn’t here for this mission. I came instead of him” Yamato informed.

Sasuke’s eyes scanned the group. He became confused. Where is she? He thought. “Hmm so where’s your last teammate?” he asked carelessly.

Naruto looked down guilt stricken. “Sh-she’s wounded and injured. W-we don’t know when she will wake up. Who knows..” he said.

Sasuke’s eyes hardened. He saw the guilty look on Naruto’s face. He must have done something to her. But he didn’t show any sign of caring. Just an emotionless façade.

“Hn.” Was all he said. Naruto started urging Sasuke to come back to the leaf village. Sasuke ignored his talking. He flashed in front of Naruto holding his shoulder. He said something and took out his Katana.

Sasuke pulled it all the way out and tried to stab him in the back, before a hand caught both of his arms.

“You hurt Naru-chan… and I will kill you.”

End of Chapter 6!! Hope you liked it! Leave suggestions for her to meet Sasuke later on or how should they meet! Keep in mind of the plot!^^ Comment and Follow!