Ch.3: Suna, Healing, and Itachi

We were running towards Suna now. It will take 3 days to reach there. I looked over at Naruto. He had a determined face on. I knew he wanted to save him more than anything.

I saw Temari up ahead. “TEMARI!!” I yelled. She stopped and looked over at us. “S-Serena? Is that you?” I nodded.

“We don’t have time right now. The Akatsuki have taken Gaara, we need to hurry.” Temari looked at us shocked. “WHAT?!” We nodded.

We all ran towards the border of the Land of Fire. When we finally crossed into the Land of Wind, a huge sand storm came.

“We have to rest in that cave until the storm clears.” Temari said. Naruto became impatient as we waited.

“HOW CAN WE JUST BE SITTING HERE!” he yelled out. “Naruto. We can’t go out there right now. People can get lost in this weather.” Temari informed.

 He wasn’t listening. I stood up and knelt down on my knees in front of him. I grabbed his face with my hands and made him face me.

“Naruto. Listen to me. We will get Gaara back. Do you understand? I promise you that. Do you trust me?” I softly told him.

He nodded. “Good. Then believe me when I say we will. Okay?”  I sat down beside him and laid my head on his shoulder.

**Time Skip**

The storm had finally cleared up and we were once again on our way. We reached the gates and saw Baki, the Sand Siblings sensei, waiting for us.

“We must hurry. Kankuro fought on the Akatsuki head on and is now injured.” He told us. We nodded. I ran as fast as I could. Running up the stairs, I barged into the hospital door.

“Get me his charts NOW!” I yelled. As they did, I tied my hair in low pony tail. They brought me the charts.

I looked over it and handed it back. I went up to Kankuro and opened his mouth to check saliva. I put my hand on his neck to check his pulse. It was slowing down greatly. It’s affecting his heart.  I put my hand on his stomach to feel for the damage.

“Okay. This poison is a toxic metal based poison that affects the heart and muscles in his body. If we don’t extract it and make the antidote, his body will shut down.” Their eyes widened.

“How did you come up with all of that?”  I shook my head. “There’s no time! This is one of Sasori’s poisons. If we don’t hurry, he’ll die!” I yelled.

Granny Chiyo snapped her head towards me. “Did you say Sasori? How do you know him?”

“Yes I said Sasori. Sasori of the Red Sand. Your grandson. This is his poison. How I know him.. is none of your concern.” I stated bluntly.

“Okay I need you medical ninja to hold him down. You hold the left, and you hold the right.” I said pointing. “Sakura hold down his chest.” She nodded.

I placed my hand in the bowl of liquid and created a bubble. I took the bubble and pressed it on his chest. Kankuro started yelling and moving.

“HOLD HIM DOWN!” I yelled. I pressed the liquid bubble more and slowly pulled it out as the poison got trapped.

“Okay you other medical ninjas that are standing around, make more of this poison neutralizer.” I said.

More buckets were given to me. I extracted from his heart, lungs, stomach, and intestines.

I put away all of the poison. I knew how Sasori’s poison work so I took a dab of it and placed it on paper. I wrote down certain ingredients.

“Sakura. Take this list and please make the antidote. I have already written what herbs are needed.” She nodded and went with a ninja to the Suna green house.