Ch.24: Confrontation

Serena's POV

I came to the bridge and looked down. I saw Sasuke standing on the other side glaring at Naruto, Kakashi, and Sakura.

"Sasuke... I heard the truth about Itachi from a guy named Tobi." Sasuke's eye widened. This is it. I flashed down and punched Sasuke in the face. He landed in a cliff creating a crater.

Once gain too fast for others to see, I flashed over and punched him again. He glided down the water in a crouch. I jumped in front of Team 7 and stood there with my Hokage hat and cloak on.

"Nice to see you again... Sasuke." I said with a smirk. He shakily stood up and looked at me.

"SERENA!!" I heard Naruto and Sakura yell. I looked behind and smiled at the others.

"Sorry I'm late I was healing others. And that's the truth this time.. Hehe." I rubbed my neck and laughed. The others rolled their eyes at me.

"Anyway Naruto.. Sorry I interrupted. Continue..." I waved him off. He raised an eyebrow at me. I blinked at him back.

He looked towards Sasuke. "I heard about Itachi. I don't know for sure if what he said is true..."

"It's true." I said. Everyone looked at me in shock, even Sasuke. I nodded. "Danzo was the one who ordered the demise of the Uchiha." I looked at Sasuke and walked step by step towards him.

"Are you happy? Are you happy that you killed Itachi?? ARE YOU FINALLY SATISFIED WITH YOUR REVENGE!!" I screamed at him. Madara appeared beside Sasuke. Everyone tensed.

"Ahh Madara.. you were also there on the night Itachi was going to slaughter his clan.. didn't you help him?" I asked tauntingly. Sasuke looked at him in shock. I saw Madara's Sharingan eye narrow.

"Itachi was a kind a gentle soul!! The childhood you experienced with him was the REAL ITACHI!!!" I yelled. Kakashi flashed by me and held my hands to prevent me to attack.

Sasuke glared at me. "You don't know anything. NOTHING!! You outsiders know nothing!!" he yelled. I laughed darkly.

"I know nothing?? Hahaha. You're joking." I told him. "I know more than you think Sasuke. Don't underestimate my knowledge."

"I will avenge Itachi. On Konoha. I will destroy it!!" he yelled. I smirked.

"I knew you were going to say that. More revenge huh? Let me ask you something Sasuke." I started. Everyone looked at me. "You're going to get your revenge again right? I mean you already did on Danzo. You killed him... Acutally I don't mind. That old geezer could have died with hands anyways.. that no good, liar, cheater, bastard, son of a---"

"Ahem.. Serena?" Kakashi interrupted. I blinked and laughed. "Haha oh right.. anyways you're mad. You are angry that Konoha asked Itachi to kill the Uchiha's. But now you know the truth. You think that Konoha is at fault for Itachi's death right?" I asked.

He glared at me, but didn't say anything. I smirked. "I'll assume that as a yes. Sure... I think that Konoha is partially at fault. But do you know whose fault it is really?....Yours." I told him darkly.

Team 7 looked at me wide eyed. "SERENA!" I held up my hand to tell them to be quiet.

"It's your fault Sasuke. You killed Itachi. Satisfied? Happy? NO! You want more revenge. Remember on our first C-rank mission! We were sitting on the roof together. We told each other our stories! I specifically asked you that 'Sasuke, have you ever thought there might be a reason for doing what he did?' I asked you that!! DID YOU EVER THINK ABOUT IT! WHY? DID YOU EVER CARE TO ASK WHY? NO YOU DIDN'T!!" I yelled at him. I was angry. Furious. I knew that Itachi was safe right now.. but I wanted Sasuke to reflect on his actions.

Naruto looked at me wide eyed. "Serena..." he whispered. Tears were now flowing down my cheek. I was sad, upset, angry... all emotions were pouring out of me.

"You are the reason Itachi is dead!! YOU ARE! DON'T YOU DARE BLAME THIS ON ANYONE ELSE OTHER THAN YOU! I-Itachi... I loved him so much! So much!! He was my brother! My family! HE WAS EVERYTHING TO ME! DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE PROMISED ME???" I asked shouting.

I could see a tear roll down Sasuke's eye. I knew he was still on the dark side. He will not change. But I will keep blaming him.

"HE PROMISED ME THAT HE WILL NEVER LEAVE ME!! HE WOULD NEVER LEAVE ME LIKE YOU DID! LIKE YOU!!" I screamed. I flashed over and punched in the face. I grabbed his collar and shook him.

"You're the reason that promise has broke now Sasuke. Now you're paying for killing Itachi. You're suffering." I hissed in his ear. I flashed back beside Kakashi.

"You know Sasuke... Karma is a bitch." I bluntly told him. I wiped the tears with the back of my hands. Silence. Everything was silent. No one spoke anything.

He looked at me wide eyed. I knew he was in shock. I glared at him. "As the 6th Hokage... Sasuke. When you come to the village for your revenge. MY VILLAGE. I will not hesitate to kill you. At all. I will die until you have died. I will stop you from harming my people and my friends. That's what would Itachi have wanted." I said.

I disappeared from their site. I didn't want to look at his face anymore. I couldn't do it. I loved him so much. I still do and always will. And that's my downfall. He was my weakness.

I shook my head out of these thoughts and smiled a fake smile. I was walking in the woods and looked at a clearing. I raised an eyebrow. I saw Sai, Kiba, and Lee unconsciously sleeping. I giggled.

I walked over and knelt on the ground by them. I knew Sakura had done this. I shook my head. What an idiot. I shook them awake after quickly creating an antidote for the sleeping potion.

"Hello sleepy heads.. ready to head back?" They blinked groggily and fully woke up.

"Where are the others?" Kiba asked.  "They will come. Let us move on. I will leave them a note here." I said. I wrote that these three are with me and left it on the clearing.

"Sai, how many members does Root have?" I asked him. He looked at me. "I can't say. The seal--" I smiled. He looked at me wide eyed and stuck out his tongue. The seal was gone.

"Yes Sai. Danzo is dead. Sasuke killed him. So now you are free and so are the other root members. They will be out of Root and into the regular black ops that serve the Hokage. And you!!" I yelled into the trees. The two hidden root members came out.

"Danzo has been killed. Root is no more. You can rely this message to the elders. Once we reach the village, I would like to go into the root building to inspect. Understood?" I asked.

"Yes Hokage-sama." They bowed and disappeared.

I turned around and looked at the three. "So shall we go?" They nodded and grinned. I smiled back.

**Time Skip**
It was night time now. We were already back in the village. I was sitting on the top of the Hokage mountains staring into the starry night.

I heard some footsteps behind me. It was Naruto. He sat down by me. Silence. But a comfortable. We were enjoying each others company.

"Serena. Are you okay?" he broke the silence. I looked at him. "Of course? Why wouldn't I be?" I grinned. He looked at me skeptically and frowned. I sighed.

"Naruto... I'm not fine. I was never fine. I'm trying though. Trying to forget. It's what I must do. I love him Naruto. I have, I do now, and I always will. That's how I am. B-but I have to stop him. So do you Naruto. And you know that, don't deny it." I softly said.

He stood up and hugged me from behind. He rested his chin on my shoulders. I closed my eyes as a tear drop slid down. I relaxed into his touch. After a while, I was in darkness.

Third POV
Naruto looked down to see Serena sleeping in his arms. He softly smiled and kissed her head.

"I will get him back Serena. I will. For the village. For us. For you. I will get him back for you. You love him so much. I don't know if he realizes that. I will convince him, and die doing it, if that's the last thing I do." he muttered as he wrapped his arms around her tighter.

End of Chapter 24!! Hope you like it! Give me your COMMENTS!^^