12 - Kuroken (angst)

Requested by:_Angelic_Demon_ 

Kenma feels bad. No, he feels awful... Kuroo, his best friend loves him. Kuroo, a kind man who deserves to be loved, loves him. And he doesn't love him back. He wishes that he did... After all, he needs to love Kuroo. He needs to make Kuroo happy.

But he can't.

At least, not like this.

He can't keep pretending...

He can't keep pretending that he likes it when Kuroo holds his hand...

He can't keep pretending that he likes it when Kuroo hugs him...

He can't keep pretending that he likes it when Kuroo kisses him.

"Kuroo," he whispers, and despite talking in such a quiet voice, he automatically gains Kuroo's attention.

"What is it, kitten?" Kuroo purrs, using one arm to pull Kenma in for a hug. "What's wrong?"

"I only love you as a friend. I've tried to see you as more than a friend, but I can't. I'm sorry, Kuroo. You deserve to be happy, you deserve to be loved. But I can't... I can't..." Kenma, who is usually calm and collected finds himself falling apart. He finds himself shaking and crying...

"It's okay, everything is going to be okay," Kuroo says, all the while pulling Kenma even closer to him. "You're going to be okay, and I'm going to be okay. Everything is going to be okay now that the truth is out... Now that we are on the same page."

Liar.

Kuroo is an awful liar.

The next day he skips practice.

He skips practice so he can cry.

He skips practice so he can cry about all the things that he thought he had, all the things that could've been, and about all the things that will never be.