38 - Tsukikage (angst)

Requested by toasty_pandaa /I'M SO GLAD THAT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT SHIPS THIS!!!!!/

Tsukki can't believe it... He can't believe that Kageyama is gone. That he is gone and is never coming back... Although there are many things besides besides his death that hurt.

The good memories hurt.

"Stop calling me that, Tsuk-shit-ma!" Kageyama snarls, after getting referred to as "King of the Court" by Tsukki for what feels like the millionth time. "Is there anything I can do to get you to stop calling me that?"

Upon hearing Kageyama's question, Tsukki lets a grin spread across his face. He knows the perfect response... And the perfect way to ask Kageyama out. "I'll stop calling you that if you go on a date with me." Kageyama's face almost automatically turns red... A red so bright that it could contend against a tomato. He also seems genuinely surprised... With his whole body, even his eyes, remaining motionless for a couple of minutes.

"Y-Yes! I mean, sure... I'll go on a d-date with you."

The bad memories hurt.

"You're cheating on me, aren't you?" Kageyama asks, as Tsukki walks through the door at one in the morning. His question, or rather, accusation, immediately angers Tsukki.

"Yamaguchi's girlfriend broke up with him... He needed someone to talk to. So don't even START to accuse me of anything, Tobio. Yamaguchi is my best friend. I wouldn't do anything sexual with him. Just like you wouldn't do anything sexual with Hinata."

"There's a difference in the relationships, though. Yamaguchi and you are childhood friends. If anything, it would make sense for you two, to eventually," Tsukki is quick to cut him off.

"Drop it, King."

What hurts the most...

What causes him so much pain, that his whole body feels like it has grown five times heavier, is the fact that Kageyama isn't around to make more memories with him.

There will be no memory created with Kageyama today, or tomorrow, or the next day. As Tsukki is able to allow himself to exist in the present and past, Kageyama will only exist in the past. Kageyama will stay a memory.

He may become a forgotten memory.

Tsukki's memory may disappear like Kageyama's soul, and sink into the ground like his body.

/I'm not sure if I used the word "contend" right lol /