22 - Tsukkiyama (angst)

Requested by: Imanotakuandimproud

Features lyrics from "Lies" by Marina & The Diamonds

You're never gonna love me, so what's the use?

Tsukki knows that he should tell Yams how he feels. After all, he deserves to know... He deserves to know that his best friend thinks about him... That his best friend imagines things...

That he imagines playing connect the dots with his freckles, all the while whispering reasons as to why he thinks that he is beautiful.

That he imagines holding him close... That he imagines the two of them sleeping, with his head resting upon his chest.

That he imagines them hugging.

That he imagines them holding hands.

That he imagines kissing him all over...

That he imagines them doing a WHOLE lot more.

What's the point in playing a game you're gonna lose?

Tsukki can't help but notice how Yams looks at Yachi... How he looks at the short girl with a look of love and admiration. With a look that says, 'I'd love to kiss you all over... I'd love to whisper to you why I think you're beautiful... I'd love to hold you close....'

What's the point in saying you love me like a friend?

Can't Yams see or sense that he doesn't love him... That he is IN LOVE with him?

What's the point in saying it's never gonna end?

"We'll always be friends, Tsukki," Yams promises, right before he starts dating Yachi. Before he starts spending a large amount of time with her... Walking home with her, instead of him.

That's only the start.

He ends up eating lunch with Yachi, every day.

He stops texting him, and texts her instead.

He helps her study.

He goes to her house.

He seems to forget him... He seems to forget his best friend.

You're too proud to say that you've made a mistake,

you're a coward 'til the end.

After a while, Yams seems to realize that he made a mistake... But he does nothing to fix it. He seems too caught up in his own pride... In the pride of having an incredibly smart and cute girlfriend.

I don't wanna admit that we're not gonna fit,

No, I'm not the type that you like.