40 - Daisuga (fluff)

Requested by: Zentriarde

Today is the day when Daichi goes on his first date with Suga. Well, his first romantic date. Suga and him had frequently gone on "friend dates" in the past... But now it's different.

Now Daichi might get to hold Suga's hand. Or, better yet, kiss him. Despite wanting to do both, he knows better than to rush it. With Suga only recently coming out as being gay, it is likely he won't feel comfortable doing either for quite a while. But Daichi is okay with that. After all just seeing him and talking with him is enough to make him happy.

After slipping on a dark blue shirt (dark blue is Suga's favorite color), Daichi is finally ready to leave. He is finally ready to head to the café... Finally ready to head to see Suga.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daichi, feeling like a giant ball of nerves, is the first to arrive at the café. He is the first to smell the bitter yet comforting smell of coffee... And is the first to see Oikawa Tooru. "W-What are y-you..." Daichi stammers, feeling extremely confused as to why Oikawa has suddenly started working at his favorite café.

"This is my sister's café. One of her employees is out sick so I'm helping out," Oikawa says, after laughing at Daichi's shocked expression. "Now I want to ask you a question... What are you doing here, dressed like that? Are you on a date with Refreshing-kun?" Before Daichi can ask who "Refreshing-kun" is, the bell over the door jingles, signaling that another customer has entered the café.

That customer is Suga.

"Well that answers my question," Oikawa chirps, with a small grin. It's only been a minute yet Daichi is getting annoyed by him. Maybe he should insist that Suga and him go somewhere else... "So what would you and Refreshing-kun like?"

First muttering a curse under his breath, Daichi says, "A Chai tea, and a coffee with cream, and three sugars."

"You like a lot of Suga(r) don't you?" Oikawa asks, with a wink. Daichi probably would have started yelling at him right then and there if it weren't for Suga... If it weren't for Suga placing a calming hand upon one of his shoulders.

"Did you order already?" Suga asks. His face close to Daichi's... So close that Daichi can feel his warm breath upon his skin. With a red face, all Daichi can do is nod. "Okay! Sorry for interrupting your chat."

Their date ends up being far from perfect... With Oikawa mouthing "good" alien related pick up lines from across the café, to Daichi being so nervous that he spilled coffee on himself. Daichi feels (and looks) ridiculous. Luckily, Suga fixes everything.

Suga makes lame, but cute jokes...

Suga flashes him reassuring smiles...

And, under the table, holds his hand.

It's amazing how such a simple thing makes Daichi so happy.

/There are actually going to be two more one-shots since I got two irresistible requests :D/