42 - Bokuaka (fluff)

Requested by: painfulmatsu

At first, Akaashi wasn't looking forward to moving into their apartment... Just thinking about the number and weight of the boxes they need to carry made him want to cry. That however, proved to be the least painful part of the day. With Bokuto repeatedly singing "YAY YAY AN APARTMENT WITH AKAASHI" for the whole two hour drive to their apartment, Akaashi finds himself quickly loosing his energy, and his patience.

"YAY YAY AN APARTMENT WITH AKAASHI" Bokuto sings, for (luckily) the last time, when they reach the apartment, earning himself a sigh of relief from Akaashi. If he had to listen to that ONE more time, he was pretty sure he was going to explode. Literally.

Parking in the nearest parking spot, Bokuto is quick to get out... Perhaps too quick. He ends up tripping and falling, face first, onto the pavement. With yet another sigh, Akaashi reaches into the back of the car, for the first aid kit. He has a feeling the whole moving process is going to be a lot harder than he originally thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why did you pack your underwear in with the mugs?" Akaashi asks, after opening a box to find owl-patterned boxers mixed in with their brightly colored coffee mugs. "And please tell me they are clean."

"Umm..." Bokuto says, all the while sheepishly rubbing the back of his head, "I think they are?"

"Oh my god Kotaro," Akaashi says, all the while handing the box to Bokuto, "that's disgusting. Here, since you created the mess, clean it up."

"AKAASHIIIIIII DON'T MAKE ME DO IT BY MYSELF! AKAASHIIIIIIIII," Bokuto whines, and, in the end, Akaashi ends up getting a headache (and helping Bokuto)

Despite it all... Despite the singing, the face-planting, and the underwear, Akaashi has to admit that it has been a good day... After all he has gotten to see Bokuto smile... After all, he has gotten to hear Bokuto laugh. After all, he has gotten to hear Bokuto sleepily mumble, "I love you" before falling asleep on the floor... Surrounded by partially unpacked boxes. And even though the floorboards dig into his back, and Bokuto's snores keep him awake for quite a while, Akaashi knows that there is nowhere else he'd rather be.

//Yayyy this one-shot collection is finally done! If you crave more Haikyuu I have plenty of other fanfics on my account that you can read. Thanks for supporting this one-shot collection! I hope you continue to support me in the future./