C H A P T E R 32 Tyler

My head was beaming with questions. So many questions that my head began to hurt. I had woke up only then minutes ago and still couldn't find her. Plus I couldn't message her since I never got her phone number. I cursed myself under my breath while dragging myself around the apartment. Why was she gone? Where did she go? I was worried sick about her. It was two in the morning and she still wasn't here. I had checked the same places over and over and still couldn't find her. My stomach twisted inside, it felt like a knot was being tied inside and something was jerking at it.

But my worries were soon soothed by the sound of the front door opening and closing. I felt myself jump out into the hallway, I peeked around to see a shivering Sara standing at the door taking off her jacket and carrying something in hand. I felt a wave of relief wash off of my back and trickle down to the floor. When I noticed her scurrying towards me, I jumped into the wall behind me resulting in a thud. A loud one in fact. "Shit." I muttered under my breath. But it was loud enough for Sara to hear. When she realized I was there she darted up to me. "Oh my god Tyler, are you okay?" She instantly questioned while dragging me into her room. She set me down on her bed and got up to go get an ice pack from the kitchen. She came back only a moment later with a bag of ice in hand. I held the back of my head with pressure. She sat down beside me in her bed and handed me the ice pack. "God, you took quite the hit. Are you okay Ty?" I thought for a moment and the realized something. She called me Ty. She didn't call me Tyler. Why did she use a nickname all of a sudden? Although i liked it, I was slightly confused. "I-i, I feel better. Now with an ice pack." I say trying to not blush, although it was dark out, the moonlight made our faces shine from the illuminated datkeness. "Oh okay good, I was worried." Her tired voice instantly melted what ever courage I had left to the core. "What are you doing up so late?" She questioned, although I should be questioning her instead. "The question is where were you for the past few hours?" I regretted almost imeditly, stupid! She was just getting to like me and then I had to screw it up! She looked down at her lap, I could tell something was on her mind that she wasn't ready to spill, especially to a jerk like me. "I just, needed a breather is all." I didn't question her again but knew she couldn't have been taking that long of a breather. At least she's safe. "Sorry, I just, I'm worried." She looked up with confusion, oh those eyes. Oh those deep sea blue eyes. But something was off. "Hey, um." I began but she read my mind. "Yeah, its been like that since I was little. Never knew why." It seemed like she was almost disappointed about her uniqueness. One of her pupils were different from the other. It was smaller than the other, it was stuck like that. But it only gave me another reason to love her. "Well I think its sick." I now notice that we have been whispering this while time. A warm smile stretched across her face. "Thank you."

Are you afriad?

A second of silence goes by, I don't like it. I can tell she doesn't either, I can see her twitching. Her body doesn't seem to like staying still, nor does it like silence. I'm guessing that's why she loves music, because its drowns out the silence. It takes away the pain.

To peel off my Disguise?

I get up off her bed with the ice pack still in place and begin to walk towards the door when I'm met her voice once more. "Wait." I turn my head towards her as she gets up from her bed and walks towards me. I didn't expect it but she pulled me into a hugged. "Goodnight." She whispherd even softer than before. "Night." I barley wheezed out before she trotted back to het own bed. I closed the door softly, not to ruin the moment, and walked back into my room to fall properly alseep in.

Would you care anyways...

But I couldn't go to sleep. Not now. Not when I only had a few days to come up with a bunch a lyrics, and make sure it sounded perfect. I scrambled out of my bed, quietly though, just so I don't wake Sara from her slumber, and then make it over to my messy desk. I messed it up even more just by looking for my 'journal'.

...if I just kept it on to stop your cries?

I sat my little white butt down on my stool and stared blankly at the little book with chicken scratch all over it. I flipped to a fresh new page and gave myself time to think. Think, think!

Take my hand...

The pressure began to build like bricks on my shoulder. Its not hard. Its her. You've down this for a year now, why is it so hard now? Maybe because it has to be perfect.

...I'll show you who I really am.

Thats what I do. I pour my feelings out for the words I write. They seem like npnsence at first, if you took a look at them raw you would shake your head. That's because I'm human, give me time to perfect it to its best. Let me show you. If only I could do that for her. If only.

Well walk through a place...

You can do this, all you need to do is scribble down your feelings. Your emotions.

...Where we can be alone

Because I'm Tyler, and I'd do just about anything for that sick girl. I'm Tyler Dine, and I think I've just found my first verse.

Somewhere we can call home.