6.

Evi

Evi.

Sitting on the barstool up to the kitchen's counter, I quietly and slowly ate the cereal from my spoon. My mother sat in the living room, only a few feet away, engaging her attention into the news broadcasting.

"There's seem to have also been a shooting last night at the home of the Young's." Snapping my head toward the tv's direction as my attention got into it.

Stepping slowly into the room, I watched as the house of Niko's was being filmed. All of last night's memory flooded into my mind.

"Weren't you friends with that boy?" My mom interrogated me, bringing a sudden pause to my own thoughts. Slowly nodding, I answered lowly, " yeah."

The words planted down on the bottom of the screen, stating a few were injured and homeowner, Niko Young, was also in the hospital, conditions yet to be announced.

"I'm glad to know you weren't there with those hooligans!" My breath got hitched in my throat from my mom's statement.

I ran feeling the pain from my feet shoot up both of my legs. Pounding each step to the concrete beneath me, my house soon came into view. Not bothering to look back, I reached the brick wall of my house.

I leaned up against it, clutching my knees as my chest vigorously burned and my throat was parched. Standing straight, I climbed the low window on the first floor, gripping the outer parts of my window.

Trying to push my window up with one hand, it seemed to be harder than usual. Maybe I was growing weak from my sudden sprint for my dear life! Looking out in the distance, I could see the high-beams of my mom's car shining a few blocks down.

Hurriedly, I pushed the window up and pulled myself up into the window opening. Groaning from the pain, I finally fell over into my room.

I layed out in the middle of the floor in complete exhaustion but also relief.

"Right." I mutter. Just in time to save me from this awkward torture of rising tension, the door bell rung. I jogged my way to it, peering into the peephole, and opening it immediately.

"Trin, oh my gosh!" I hugged her tightly as she did the same.

"I couldn't find you anywhere, you had me worry sick! I-" finally catching a glimpse of my mom, she shut her mouth.

" why would you be so worried if she was here Trinity?"

I slightly glared at Trin before turning towards my mom, too.

"Um.. I forgot where she was. That shooting just had me paranoid." Trin tried to lie, nodding her head.

" how's your pageants going?" My mom changed the subject.

"Fine. Evi can you come with me?"

" where?"

"To see Niko." She whispered. I nodded.