19.

Evi.

I woke from catching myself nearly falling off the edge of the sofa. I sat up, inhaling deeply as I looked around. I was bewildered for a moment until everything unfolded and memory of where I was flooded my mind.

It was a lot of loud commotion coming from the direction of the kitchen. I heard laughter and pots clacking.

I placed my feet to the floor, standing and allowing my oversized gown shirt to fall over my knees. I folded my arms over my chest—considering I was braless— and slowly trailed to the kitchen.

"No, okay! That was you and you know it!" I peeped around the corner, seeing Jue talking with food in mouth. He chuckled, pointing to Amir over a lady that was washing the counters.

"Listen, I told you to watch it while I got in the shower. I come back and the oven's on fire. How'd the oven catch a fire Jue?" Amir laughed as Jue threw his head back, joining him.

"Okay I don't know but it did. You should've watched your own shit man."

"Hey now." The lady said, standing straight between them.

"Sorry mama." Ooo, she's pretty.

"Y'all both be about to burn down the kitchen." She twirled the wet towel and popped Jue. Amir's cheeks puffed as he held a laugh.

"Maaa you know I hate that!"

"I did too when your grandad did it to me. I tell you all the time and what you do? Pop me with a wet towel like you've lost your rabbit mind." She laughed, looking up at him.

I had just now noticed Tevon in the corner of the island in a high chair, eating a bowl of cereal. He watched them closely as he put the spoon up to his mouth.

"So who wants to tell me about the girl on my couch?" Their mom asked, referring to of course me. "Jue?", she added.

"Why me? Maybe Amir brought her!"

"Amir doesn't bring girls home."

"Maaa." Amir frowned as she patted his chest.

"I didn't mean it like that baby, just not often. You'll meet that right girl one day, just finish school first." She turn back towards Jue as Amir still looked offended. "So?"

"She... She needed a place to stay because she's looking for her dad. Her mom's nuts and was hitting on her so I helped her out." He laid his arms on top of her head. How'd he know that? "I'm being that gentlemen you raised me as."

"Get your arms off my head! Geez, I know you guys are tall." She frowned. "Does she need to come to the center?"

He shook his head. "Nah, I doubt that."

Tevon blabbered loudly, facing towards me resulting into everyone else's eyes to dart to me.

"Morning Evi." Amir said with a wide grin as Jue looked at me, staying quiet.

"Good morning." I said shyly, lifting my hand gesturing a slight wave.

"Good morning, how'd you sleep?" Their mom walked over to me. I nodded, facing her.

"Good, great. We didn't get to meet. I'm Evi and I'm temporary." I chucked, shaking her hand with the same one I waved with.

"I'm Chenille but no, no. Stay as long as you need." She told me. "You're really pretty too sweety."

"You are too. I see where they get it from." I cleared my throat, growing slightly embarrassed from the statement.

"Yup those my bugs." She walked over to Tevon as both Amir and Jue groaned.

"Really moma? Can't take you nowhere." Jue bit into a slice of toast. She hugged his back, kissing his cheek repeatedly.

He shoved his shoulders upward. " I won't embarrass you in front of your lady friend." He furrowed his brows at her.

" Not like I like her." He grumbled.

"Then stop blushing." His mom laughed as she went over, doing the same to Amir and picked up Tevon from his chair, kissing his cheek.

"Mom I'm not- .. Really?" He shook his head as he stood and came near me, passing me to his room.

"He'll be fine, just sensitive." She assured me.

"Anyways, I cooked breakfast if you would like some." Amir offered. I agreed.

"Yeah, sure."

• ° • °

"Ohhh, I miss you so much already! Tell me, how's it going?" Trin interrogated once we were on the phone for a couple of moments.

Amir had fed me a nice size breakfast and we conversed for a while before I took a shower and got back to my job searching.

Of course, I had to see what my good friend Trin was up to and update her on the journey so far—though it really haven't started.

"I miss you too Trin. I met his family, well his mom and younger brother Amir." I awaited her remark, knowing it was coming as I scrolled on my laptop.

"Not even together yet and met his family. Isn't this something?"

"No it's not. I'm staying in their house for God sakes, of course I'm going to meet them."

"That's another way to view it. He can't have you though, too mean."

"The only person you approve me around is you." I laughed, putting my arm underneath my elbow as I looked up.

"And it's staying like that. I somewhat approve of Niko. He's been taking therapy by the way."

"That's great. I hope he recovers quickly, I know he hates it."

"He really does. He be mopping around town on those crutches, passing the basketball court every thirty minutes."

We stayed on the phone for a another good thirty minutes and split ways. I had found a few options of some jobs and wrote them down on a sticky on my keyboard.

Just as I was closing my laptop, I heard Tevon's screams as they got closer. He ran in the room and jumped on the bed, climbing behind me.

I saw someone was running after him with a scary, wolf mask causing me to scream and hug Tevon. He stopped once he was in the room and I started throwing random things, inside of Jue's room, at him.

"What the hell? Stop. Wait." He blocked the objects before reaching for my hand. He grabbed it and pulled off the mask. It was only Jue.

"You scared me. And Tevon." I eyed him, crazily.

"I was just playing with him. He likes it, we do it all the time." I faced Tevon as his eyes were wide and glassy.

"Of course he does." Jue took a deep breath and was about to leave until I spoke again. "You've been pretty quiet today. Any reason?"

He looked at me up and down first then back to my eyes. "Nothing to speak on. Just leaving you alone."

Btw, I have a pretty stretched plot to this story so hopefully it'll be lastng a while. I just need to get some interesting drama going.
Is everyone still enjoying?
Let me know if I need to spice it up! (Though, it's coming 😉)