2) 1.

Omniscient

Omniscient.

"ELaw for the three pointer." The crowds uproar sounded and so did the sound of sneaker squeaking and the basketball dribbling. Evi smiled widely while walking backwards towards the opponent team, reaching out to pat hands with her teammates. They patted her hand back as a few patted her behind out of sportsmanship.

Finally running up, the woman with the ball tried to get by for a layup but it was blocked by defense. Evi looked up at her dad, Evan, Ivy, a two year old Auna and Reed. They cheered her on as Ivy held a eating Auna.

The smile on Evi's face spread wide as the clock ran down in seconds. After two years of college, they were amazed by her skill and put her on a team. Not every game was won but enough of them were considering they were now, at this moment about to win the championship.

Evi's dream was now a reality. She was now a basketball star with a championship under her belt as the buzzer went off and they ran into a huddle. Screams and confettis filling in around them. The opposite team tiredly walked off the court as some congratulated Evi's team.

Meanwhile with Julian of those years, it went well with him also. Finishing the last two semesters of his senior year within six months, he jumped right into college for his long overdue dream, too. Jue then attended UIC Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering, pursuing engineering.

It, of course, wasn't as easy as he dreamed it would be. From the facility not being the best to difficult geometry needed to be complete. Jue however was determined to finish despite the long tried nights, having to cut hours at work and even little to no time for himself as well as family.

Now, after four years since Jue went back to school and Evi to college, things had changed. They've grown and matured. Evi's dream had became less exciting as her life seemed to revolve around basketball, practice, meeting groups and even overseas plays. She wanted to simplify her life so back to Chicago she went.

She got her a nine to five job at a local diner. She hated the dress code but she tolerated it. Tiredly, she walked through her house's lawn. She scrolled slowly up to the door with her shoes in her hand, even though it was slightly cool today though it was fall. Taking a deep breath, Evi entered her home –which she went back to live with her dad– and was welcomed with commotion.

Auna made a mess on the table, singing obnoxiously loud as Evan was stirring food in a bowl. Ivy and Reed were having a dispute with one another in the foyer. Evi shook her head, passing them all to trail upstairs. She loved them and was happy to be home but at the moment, all she wanted was a refreshing shower and a long nap.

On the other side of Illinois, Julian pulled up on the curb in front of his mom's house. She'd like to cook for them all at least one Friday out of the month and this happened to be one of those Fridays. Jue pushed his door upward to open, considering he went from that Deville to a BMW M3 E92 with lambo doors.

He stepped out with his shades still accompanying his face and closed the door back, locking it with the keypad as he footed through the driveway. He ran his fingers over his freshly shaved beard as he passed his mom and Terrance's car until he reached the house. Jue pulled the already unlocked door open and walked inside.

"Yo, yo, yo!" He greeted, informing them he had came in so they wouldn't be alarmed. He could hear a now five year old Tevon yell along with footsteps.

"Uncle Jue!" Tevon dragged and ran into him. Jue lifted him into his arms and looked to the side at him.

"What's up little man?"

"Nothing. Can I ride in your car?" He asked but with more of an impairment. Jue shook his head with a slight laugh.

"Yeah, I'll take you for a spin later." Jue put Tevon down on his feet.

"Daddy uncle jue said I can ride in his car." Tevon yelled just as Terrance was coming out. Terrance laughed, rubbing over Tevon's head as he gestured a shake to his head towards Julian.

"Alright, you can go." Jue greeted Terrance with a handshake then shoulder bumping him right after.

"Boy already obsessed with cars."

"For real. Where's moms?" Jue asked, Terrance turned around looking for her himself. He shrugged. "I think she went back in her room." Jue nodded sighing.

Chenille, along with them all had a lot of coping to do these past two years. Chenille seemed to cope the hardest however. So much that Terrance moved back in with her just to be with her since she was home alone.

Amir had moved out about two and half years ago–once he finished his senior year. Among that time, he just so happened to find his highschool sweetheart. She had asked him to prom, since he was too shy to and didn't think she'd notice him. Ever since that night, they'd been inseparable.

Now engaged, they were planning for their wedding. They both still remained virgins, taking the celibate route. Talking them into existence, the doorbell rung and the door opened with them coming into view.

"What's up."

"Hey."

They all greeted as Amir did a shake with Jue then Terrance then bending to Tevon level to give him one. Keely, Amir's fiance, spoke to everyone a bit more openly than usual. When they all had first met, her shyness was evident.

Julian's eyes ran over her thick frame as his tongue ran over his bottom lip. He couldn't help but notice her beauty but he knew he had to back off. He couldn't fall back into those childish, Mr. steal your girl ways with his brother. Jue recognized she was off limits and respected it so he directed his eyes elsewhere as they caught up.

"Oh, you all are here. Okay, well it's about done. Amir can you help me set up." Chenille returned to the foyer and stated. Amir answered with a yes, removing his coat then went to the kitchen.

hi, back again. 😌
Just to catch you all up to now time with them. Hope the time span wasn't too dissatisfying.

Be sure to leave your positive input.

- Dia

#DiaDukes