As Time Goes By

Megan's pov
_________

As time goes by I'm starting to realize how deeply I'm falling for Ethan. I didn't plan this. I didn't plan any of this, neither of us did, but somewhere along the way it just happened. What can I say?

"Are you ready?" Ethan asks at the door.

I roll my eyes. "I guess, but I don't get why we're doing this because I know I'm not pregnant."

"Can we please just go?" He smiles.

We head out the door

*~*

"Ms Parker. I'm Doctor Turner."

A bald guy with a long white jacket and big smile extends his hand.

"Please to meet you." He says while I shake it.

"We're going to get some blood work from you and then after that we should have the results within a few minutes. Do you have any family members with you?"

"Uh, nope. Just this guy." I say pointing to Ethan.

"Okay then, well I encourage you to let your family in on any problems you may be having. Let's get started."

*~*

Ethan's pov
________

"It's been hours!" I say.

"It's been 3 minutes." Megan smiles.

I look at my clock. I can't believe how anxious I am. I'm feeling so weird. I don't know what it is but I'm hoping the results come back positive. I feel like it's the only way I'll be able to get out of this bet and stay with Megan. I love her and I want to be with her but without a better reason, my friends won't understand and I just, I can't.

I think about raising our child together. Teaching them to walk and talk and wake up everyday next to Megan. Life wouldn't be so bad. I'm gonna be okay. I'm gonna be okay if this test comes back positive. We're gonna be okay. We're gonna be a family.

I smile.

The doctor walks back in.

"Your results have come back."

I smile wider trying not to let it show.

"You're not pregnant Megan."

My heart drops and my smile fades.

Megan looks happy. She looks at me and smiles.

"We're gonna be okay." She smiles reaching for my hand.

I grab onto hers but know we're not gonna be okay. We're gonna end and I'm gonna have to break her soon.

*~*

"I'm so happy! Could you have even imagined raising a child in high school? That would've been awful. Now we can focus on our school work and our relationship." She kisses me.

"Megan," my voice cracks, "I need to tell you something."