5:30 in the Morning

"Good morning beautiful." I hear a voice whisper in my ear.

I open my eyes to see Ethan laying next to me. I look at my clock that reads 8:30 am.

"Wha-what are you doing here?" I ask confused trying to convince myself I was actually awake.

He just smiles and brushes a piece of hair from my face.

"Why are you here? I thought you hated me." I say quietly remember what he said about us not being friends.

He looks away from me and at the ground.

"Megan, I could never hate you. I was just irritated and I was wrong. I shouldn't have pushed you away, but that was a long time ago. Why are you bringing it up now?" He asks confused.

"What do you mean a long time ago? That was a few days ago."

His eyebrows furrow together confused. I was about to ask him another question when I hear a baby cry. I turn to see a monitor on my nightstand.

"She's finally up!" He smiles. "I'll go get her, you work on getting up." And with that, he leaves the room.

Confused, I get up out of my bed and step into the hall.

I definitely wasn't at my house. This house has pictures of Ethan and I filled up in the hallways.

I step into a bright yellow room to see Ethan standing over a crib.

"Ethan?" I say quietly.

He turns and reveals a baby in his arms.

"Who's child is that?" I ask.

"Mommy's just joking around." He says while smiling at the baby girl.

He then places her into my arms.

I stare down at the child. I then realized she was ours. She had Ethan's bright blue eyes and my nose.

Ethan places his arm around my waist and places his other hand on the baby's.

"We really do have a perfect life." He says smiling down at her.

*ring*

I open my eyes to the sound of my alarm.

"What the hell?" I question out loud.

I get out of bed and rush to the mirror while lifting my shirt up.

My stomach was exactly the same. No baby bump or anything.

After realizing I must have just had a crazy realistic dream, I go to my dresser and put on a sweater with some jeans, a scarf, and black booties and head downstairs.

It was only 5:15 am so my parents were still sound asleep.

I grab my dads keys and head out the door.

*~*

As I stood in front of Ethan's house, I realized how crazy I must've looked. Standing in front of Ethan's house at 5:30 in the morning not knowing what I was going to say or who was going to answer the door when I knocked, all I knew was I needed to say it now. I had a decision to make.

I knock on the door.

No answer.

I stood in the freezing January weather hoping someone would answer. I knock again.

Still nothing.

What was I thinking? This was absolutely insane. I head back to my dads car but hear the front door open.

"Megan?" Says a tired voice.

I turn to see Ethan half asleep at the door.

"What are you doing out here? It's freezing! Come inside!" He states rubbing his bare arms together for warmth.

"No. This will only take a moment." I shiver.

"Ethan listen. I was wrong. I was wrong to push you away like that. When it comes down to it, you're this baby's father and I shouldn't have shut you out like that, but you were wrong also Ethan. You were wrong to lie to me and bet on me. You should have never played with my emotions like that, but as I see it, we were both wrong. We both did things we shouldn't have. But Ethan," Tears start rolling down my cheeks. "I'm not going to be able to do this without you. I don't know if you even still want to do this but all I know is I'm not going to be able to raise a baby without you. I'm not even sure if this is what I want, A baby that is, but if this is what you want, well I'm willing to try." I finish, wiping the tears from my eyes and pulling my coat tighter.

He stands there. He had looked sad almost. Then a girl in nothing but an oversized t-shirt comes to the front door.

Caitlyn.

"Baby, what's going on" she says rubbing her eyes.

My heart breaks.

"Nothing Caitlyn. Go back to bed. I'll be up in a minute."

She looks at me with a tired soft smile and heads upstairs.

Ethan with sad eyes looks into mine.

"I'm sorry Megan, but this isn't what I want anymore." He then hands me another jacket before closing the door leaving me out in the cold and out of options.

I WROTE THIS CHAPTER AT ALMOST ONE IN THE MORNING LISTENING TO KEATON HENSON AND OH MY, THE EMOTION!

ANYWAYS, I LOVE HEARING YOUR OPINIONS AND COMMENTS SO DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE THOSE!