Graduation day

"I can not believe we actually made it to this day!" Lilly says excitedly. "I mean who would've thought that of all people, I would graduate."

I laugh. "I know. It doesn't seem real."

We were sitting around in my room getting ready for this afternoon. This week seemed to be the longest week of my life but we finally made it to Saturday, which meant today was the day I would walk with my class and accept my diploma. This also meant that tomorrow was the day Ethan would pack up and leave Bethany and I for awhile. I was dreading this so much.

Hundreds of thousands of thoughts were racing through my mind. What if he meets a girl down there. Someone who he has more in common with. What if he finishes college and gets signed to do basketball in a state even further than he's in now. I couldn't take the what if's, but I was the one that kinda pushed him to do this. I had to support him.

"Pass me that eyeshadow palette." I say to Lilly.

She hands it over to me and I start to apply it.

"So what are your plans after college?" I ask, trying to distract myself from my reality.

"Well, I'm going to go to the University of Alabama, I'm hoping you'll come with me since it's only thirty minutes from where you live now and you'll see Bethany all the time. I guess after I finish that, I'll just find some old rich guy, marry him, and be set."

I knew she was joking. Lilly had plans of becoming a very successful real estate agent. I had never pictured her as the real estate type, but she was good at persuasion so I'm sure she'd fit right in.

"Megan, grandma's here!" My mom shouts from the bottom of the stairs.

I stop what I'm doing and go across the hall to Bethany's nursery.

"Wake up pretty. Grandma is here." I pick up my already half awake daughter and head down the stairs.

"Oh my goodness, is that my granddaughter?" My grandma calls when she see's me.

"Yes ma." My mom replies.

"It can't be! Why this girl is all grown up."

I walk over to her. "Hi grandma." I lean in and wrap one arm around her fragile body.

"And who is this beautiful young girl?"

"Grandma, this is Bethany."

She gasps. "Let me hold this precious girl."

I hand Bethany over to her and she walks off.

"Careful Megan, you might not get her back." My mom says sarcastically.

Someone knocks on the door. I walk over and open it to see Ethan and Mckayla.

"Megan!" Mckayla's smile grows so big, it looked like she was going to explode. She jumps on me and engulfs me in a hug.

I almost fall to the ground.

"I missed you so much Megan."

"I missed you too Bumble Bee." I respond once I finally regain myself.

"Okay okay, take it easy there Mc, don't break my beautiful girlfriend."

Ethan walks up to me and gives me a quick kiss.

"Ew." Mckayla sticks her tongue out. "I wanna see the baby!" She rushes out of the living room.