Finding out

ETHAN'S POV
__________

"Good morning."

I open my eyes to see Caitlyn smiling down on me.

I smile back.

"So can I ask you about last night? I know it's none of my business but I just was wondering-"

"Last night was nothing." I say cutting her off. "You want some breakfast?"

She just shrugs.

I throw a shirt on and head downstairs.

"Hey dad, I need to tell you something." I say walking into the kitchen to see my dad and Mckayla eating breakfast at the table.

"Caitlyn stayed the night?" My dad says shoving a fork full of pancakes into his mouth.

"Umm?" My eyebrows furrow together.

He points his fork across the room where Caitlyn is standing shyly.

"Hi Mr. Howard." Caitlyn says walking up and hugging my dad.

"We've missed you Caitlyn." He replies, hugging her back.

"Yeah, dad, can she stay here for a few nights? Things aren't going to good at her house."

"Of course! You can stay with us anytime." My dad says sitting back down and continuing his breakfast.

Caitlyn goes to grab a bowl.

"Ethan." Mckayla whispers.

"Yes?" I say squatting down next to her.

"What about Megan?"

I didn't know how to break the news to Mckayla. I knew Megan and I were officially done, but I didn't have the heart to explain it to Mckayla yet.

"Caitlyn's just a friend." I say while playing with her hair. "Everything's okay."

She smiles revealing her toothless two front teeth.

My heart melts.

"So I'll give you a ride to school when you're ready?" I say looking at Caitlyn who was shoving a spoonful of Captain Crunch into her mouth.

"Umk" She says with a full mouth.

*~*

I put the car in park as we pulled up to the school parking lot.

"Thank you for the ride Ethan." Caitlyn says turning towards me.

It was hard to imagine how things could've gone wrong between Caitlyn and I. Just last year we were so happy and so in love. I never thought we'd end up here.

"I'm always going to have your back C. No matter what happened between us."

She gives me a soft smile before getting out of the car.

When I walk into the school I stop abruptly.

"Oh shit!" I say quietly.

Posted all down the hallway were posters with Megan's picture and the word baby with a question mark bolder underneath.

Angry rages through me.

"Man did you see this?" Nate says while laughing and walking up towards me. "Who knew this virgin wasn't a virgin? I mean pregnant? Who knocked her ass up?" He wraps his arm around me.

I push it off and walk away, ripping the posters I passed off the walls.

When I reached my first period, I had wondered if Megan was here today. Who would do something like this? How does anybody know about this? I didn't tell anybody.

Whoever did this apparently had no clue I was the father.

I hear the gym doors open.

Megan comes walking up towards me with glossy eyes.

She approaches me and whispers.

"I get it Ethan! I get that you don't want to be with me and I even get you want no roll in this baby's life but wow, you've really taken this to a whole new level. I never thought even you could be this much of an ass. Apparently I was wrong."

Before I could say anything she walks towards the exit.

"Miss Parker, what do you think you're doing?" Coach yells.

"Don't walk out those doors or I'll have no choice but to fail you for this semester!"

Then she turns back and looks at me before walking out of the doors.

I KNOW THIS CHAPTER IS SHORTER COMPARED TO THE PAST TWO BUT RECENTLY I'VE BEEN REALLY BUSY AND I'LL MOST LIKELY BE BUSY FOR THE NEXT 4 DAYS.

WHO DO YOU THINK HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE POSTERS?

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING ON WITH ETHAN AND CAITLYN? WHAT ABOUT ETHAN AND MEGAN?

IF YOU DON'T THINK THE POSTER THING IS REALISTIC, TRUST ME IT IS. THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED AT MY HIGH SCHOOL A FEW YEARS AGO WITH MY BOYFRIEND AND I SO TRUST ME, IT HAPPENS

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE! I LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS!