Traitor

"What is the matter? You look absolutely gutted!" Liam says.

I pull away from him and give him an odd look.

"It is British slang for devastated." He explains.

I nod and stare into his deep brown eyes. I quickly look away.

"It's nothing. What are you doing here anyway Liam?"

He sighs. "I have a confession, I got your address from Lilly. I felt as if I may have made you uncomfortable the other night." He looks down at the ground.

I smile. "It was sweet. Would you like to come in?"

"I would enjoy that."

I unlock my door and lead him inside. We go to sit at my kitchen table.

"Would you like anything?" I ask him opening my fridge.

"I am okay." He smiles.

I nod and grab a jar of pickles.

"I've loved them ever since I got pregnant." I say.

He nods and laughs. "Is anybody else home?" He asks looking around.

I shake my head.

"Your mother won't mind me being here will she?"

"No, I think she'll be fine. I'm already pregnant, it's not like you could get me any more knocked up." I immediately realize what I had just said.

Did I just infer we were going to have sex?

"Please, feel free to shut me up anytime. I tend to ramble and that tends to get me in awkward situations."

He laughs again. "I think it's cute."

I smile but stay quiet.

"What about your father? He won't mind?"

I freeze.

His eyes widen. "Oh, tosh. I am sorry. I didn't-"

I cut him off. "It's fine, you couldn't have."

"Do you mind me asking what happened?"

I shake my head. "Of course not. He died a few years ago due to a car crash. He was truly an amazing man." I smile, thinking back to him.

"I am sure he was."

"Tosh?" I burst out laughing.

He laughs too. "Don't laugh. It is the British phrase for crap."

"I assume you don't curse?" I question.

"I do. I just do not find it polite to curse in front of a lady."

We sit there quietly.

"Would you like to talk about why you were so upset coming home?"

I stay quiet.

"I am an excellent listener."

I sigh, but give in. "I'm afraid Ethan isn't too pleased about your existence."

"Ah." He says. "So I have gotten you in trouble?"

"It's not your fault. He's just very insecure." I quickly regret saying that in front of Liam.

"Well, he shouldn't be. It is apparent that he already holds your heart. You have made it clear that I am no threat."

I stay quiet again. I didn't know what Liam was or how I felt towards him but I do know how I feel about Ethan and I know that no matter how much we fight, I will always have pure love for him. That isn't what scared me though, what scared me is that if I felt pure love for Ethan and felt some type of feeling for Liam, maybe it meant pure love isn't enough to keep a relationship.

"Yeah." I finally say after a long pause. "I don't think we should continue to hang out with each other."

"I understand."

"It's nothing personal, it's just, I have a lot on my plate right now and-"

"And you do not need me getting in the way of the life you have planned. I understand. I will try my hardest to keep my distance from you Megan, but it will most definitely not be easy."

I smile.

"I guess I have overstayed my welcome. I will leave."

He gets up from his chair and walks towards the front door. I follow him.

"It has been lovely knowing you Megan. I wish you only the best in your future and your child's future."

I look into his eyes smiling.

He smiles back looking into my eyes.

"Goodbye Megan Parker." He whispers

"Goodbye." I say as my heart races.

He stands still for the slightest second before speaking. "Forgive me."

"Forgive-" I get cut off to soft lips pressing gently on mine.

I stand there completely shocked. It takes everything in me not to kiss him back.

He slowly pulls away but his lips stay only inches from mine.

"I know that was utterly horrid of me, but I could not resist." He whispers.

His words fan my lips.

I stand there, heart racing, palms sweating, breathless.

After a few seconds I speak. "I forgive you." That's when I kiss him back. He brings both of his hands to my cheeks while kissing me softly. I wrap my hands around his neck.

I knew what I was doing. I knew that I was cheating on Ethan. I knew how wrong I was, but in that moment I didn't care. I didn't care about the consequences. I didn't care that I was kissing another man who wasn't the father of my unborn child. I didn't care about anything because when I kissed Liam, I didn't feel like I was wrong or a horrible person, I felt safe and happy and overall content.

I hadn't known why I felt so guilty when I was around Liam until now, it was because the feelings I felt for him weren't just silly butterflies, it was pure and utter lust. Every word he spoke to me made me want to melt. So yes, maybe I was a horrible person who was soon going to have to face the consequences, but at the moment I didn't care, because I was doing something I hadn't realized I wanted to do so bad.

So we kissed and I loved it.

Yikes!

I know this chapter was a bit shorter. I apologize.

To everyone that is team Ethan, don't lose hope yet and please don't hate Megan, everybody makes mistakes and especially when you're so young.

Those of you that are team Liam, I hope you enjoyed ;)

Please leave me comments of what you thought about this chapter and vote. I love you guys so much!