Back at the Howards

"It's good to see you back Ms Parker!" Doctor Peter exclaims.

I smile and nod. He was giving me another ultrasound. The second one I've had since I've been pregnant.

Ethan was sitting in the chair. His face beamed with excitement.

"Well, you do seem to be 24 weeks. I can show you the baby now."

He turns the screen towards Ethan and I. I lose my breath. It was so big! So detailed. It was completely different from the first ultrasound I had seen. One hand was balled up into a fist, while the other looked as if it was waving. It had Ethan's nose and my mouth shape. I couldn't believe this.

"Would you like to know the sex?" Doctor Peter asked.

"We can find out now?" Ethan asks excited.

He nods.

I look over at Ethan and he stares back at me. I turn to the doctor and nod.

"We want to know." I smile. "It's healthy though correct? Everything's going smoothly?"

I ask remembering he hadn't yet updated us on its health.

"Everything is healthy. She is doing just fine." He says while moving the wand around my belly.

"Thank you God!" I breath out.

"It's a girl?" Ethan speaks, standing up from his chair.

Confused, I look at the doctor. He nods. You're having a healthy baby girl.

Just like my dream. I think to myself. I couldn't contain my excitement. I was so thankful.

I look over at Ethan to see his reaction.

He had tears pouring down his cheeks. I hadn't seen him cry ever up until this point. Sure he had teared up a few times, but this was the first I had ever seen him cry.

He walks up towards me and kisses my forehead.

"She's perfect." He whispers into my ear. "She's gonna be perfect."

I smile. It's a girl, daddy.

*

"What about Bethany?" Ethan asks. "I've always liked the name Bethany."

We were currently sitting in his living room. Nobody was home. Apparently his dad and little sister were off grocery shopping and I hadn't known were Caitlyn was.

"Bethany?" I ask. "It could work. What about Mia?"

He smiles at me. "I can not believe this! I can not believe we're sitting here naming our child. This is so unbelievable."

I smile back at him.

"I'm uncontrollably, in love with you Megan."

Before I can respond he leans in and kisses me.

"And I'm uncontrollably, in love with our little girl."

He places his hands on my round stomach.

"Ethan we're home." I hear Paul say from the entryway.