It's time

"Have you been able to get ahold of him?" I ask panicked.

"I'm sorry Megan. He's not answering any of my calls." Lilly says.

I throw my head back onto the bed. My mom had ended rushing me to the hospital and here I was, all set up and ready to go and Ethan was nowhere to be found.

"Honey, we can't worry about that right now. You have got to stay focused on this." My mom says, rubbing my head.

Then a nurse walks in.

"How are we doing?" She asks with a smile.

I nod. "The pain isn't too bad right now."

"How far along would you say your contractions are?"

"About four minutes apart. I just had one about two minutes ago and it lasted around 45 seconds."

The nurse smiles at me. "You are definitely ready. The doctor should be in here any minute. I'll be back in a few."

She exits the room.

I look at my mom with tears in my eyes. "Mom, I can't do this without Ethan here. He should be here!"

"Honey, you're going to have to do it with or without Ethan. You have to think about your baby."

"Everything is going to be okay!" Lilly says reassuringly.

"Hello Megan!" Dr. Peter says with a big smile on his face.

I feel a bit more calm after seeing him. "Dr. Peter!" I smile.

He starts checking a few things.

Lilly walks up towards me with a huge smile on her face. "You're going to be a mom!"

I share a light smile back. "I can't believe this is happening."

She stares into my eyes before speaking. "You're my best friend Meg. Thank you so much for letting me be here with you." A tear rolls down her cheek.

"Please don't cry. If you cry, I'll cry." I say, pulling her into a hug.

"Okay Megan. It's time for you to start pushing!" Doctor Peter speaks.

I freeze.

"Megan, you have to push right now!"

I don't know what is wrong with me. I couldn't push. I couldn't even move. It had felt like I was paralyzed.

"Megan, if you don't push now, we're going to have a lot of problems." He speaks.

I could sense the tension in his voice but I still couldn't push.

"I-I can't!" I scream.

Another large pain hits me.

I turn towards my mom with tears rolling down my face.

"Mom, I can't do this!" I say panicked.

"Sweetie, sweetie, you have got too. You need to push now." She says calmly.

More tears roll down my cheeks.