Dodgeball

"Miss Parker! You're late!" Coach Wilson shouts.

I look back at Ethan who was staring at me but quickly turned away and started talking to his friend Nate.

"Listen! There will be no cry babies or wusses in my gym! Everyone will participate! Am I making myself clear?" Coach screams.

"Yes sir." The class say simultaneously.

"Good! Our captains today will be Ethan and Nate. We're playing dodgeball. Captains choose your people."

The two boys had spent about 5 minutes choosing between the different guys in the gym until they reached the girls.

"Madison." Nate called.

I looked at Ethan but he wasn't even looking my way.

"Sarah." He called on a busty blonde headed girl.

"Natalie." Nate called.

"Lauren." Ethan pointed.

"Mary."

"Jenny."

"Carrie."

After about 8 more girls were called I was the last one standing and it was Ethan's turn.

"Take her!" He said looking at Nate desperately.

"Ethan Howard! You will play by my rules! It is your turn. She is your teammate!" Coach yelled.

He looked over at me hatefully.

"Whatever!" He said and ran off to his position.

"Begin!" Coach blew his whistle.

The dodge ball's began flying everywhere. I did my best to avoid them whilst trying to play at the same time.

I wasn't going to let Ethan stop me from being my best.

I threw my ball across the room and hit one of the guys on the opposite team straight in his gut.

He winced in pain and hobbled off the court.

After playing for about 7 minutes we were down to our last few people.

On our team there was Ethan, Cole, James, Brittney and I and on Nate's team there was Jackson, Cody, and Carson.

Nate picked up his ball and threw it across the room aiming for James who was in front of me.

James jumped out of the way and the ball came and smacked me in the middle of the gut. I fell to the ground in pain.

Ethan ran over to me as fast as he could.

He looked at me with soft eyes. "Megan, are you okay? Is everything okay? Are you in any serious kind of pain?"

I shake my head no while holding my gut.

Ethan stands up and walks over to Nate.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" He says pushing Nate.

"Woah, chill out dude! I was aiming for James. What's the problem anyway? It's the game. People are gonna get hurt." He yells.

"Don't ever put her in harms way again! A game or not, I'll fucking kill you!" Ethan says before the coach breaks it up and sends Ethan to the locker room.

I had never seen Ethan so angry before. It scared me.

*~*

After class I got up and walked towards Ethan.

"So umm, thank you for what you did back there." I say staring at my feet.

He doesn't respond.

"I appreciate it. I'm okay." I assure him.

He looks into my eyes.

"Megan, don't talk to me! You've made it very clear we're not friends and I don't want to be!" He storms out of the gym leaving me there speechless.

SORRY ABOUT THIS SUPER SHORT CHAPTER! I KNOW THEY'RE ALL KINDA SHORT BUT I REALLY JUST WANTED THIS ONE TO MAINLY FOCUS AROUND GYM CLASS.

PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS AND OPINIONS. LOVE YOU ALL!