When tragedy strikes..

I wake up and instantly run for the bathroom. I start throwing up into the toilet.

"So much for no symptoms yet." I mumble when I finish.

I go back into my room and stand in front of my full length mirror. I lift my shirt up to study my figure. There was definitely a bulge, but barely, and it was unrecognizable with clothes on. I pull my shirt back down and head down the stairs.

I couldn't help but smile. Everything was finally going well in my life. I had my baby and Ethan. I also had my parents on my side and they were surprisingly helpful.

"Good morning honey." My mom said while stirring some pancake batter in a bowl.

"Where's daddy?" I ask.

"Your father had an important meeting."

"But it's Sunday." I groan. My dad was always working. They worked him too hard and it always left my mom and I with no extra time together as a family.

"I know, but it was very important and he should be home any minute." She pours small amounts of the batter onto the pan.

I look at the clock that reads 1:30 pm. My eyes widen in disbelief. I had slept all morning.

"Actually." My mom flips the pancake. "Your father should have been home an hour ago."

"He's probably just running late. You know how those meetings go." I say biting into an apple I had grabbed off the counter. "Mom, I've decided what I'm going to do with the baby."

My mom looks up at me with interest but the phone rings before I can speak.

"I'll get it." She says. "Watch the pancakes please." She walks into the living room.

I walk over to the pancakes only to get a sick feeling in my stomach from the smell.

My mom runs back into the kitchen with tears in her eyes. "Your fathers been in an accident. They said we should come to the hospital as soon as we can."

I vomit.

*

"I'm Caitlyn Parker! I'm looking for my husband Tom Parker he was in an accident!" My mom says to the lady sitting at the front desk.

"He's in surgery right now. You can take a seat in the waiting room and we'll call you back as soon as he's out." She says directing us with her finger to the waiting room.

We take a seat.

I couldn't believe this. How could this happen? Things were just starting to get back to normal and now I might lose my father. I don't think I could bare it.

Ethan had called me several times but I kept hitting ignore. I didn't have the strength to talk to him right nor did I have the strength to let him know what was happening right now.

My mom reaches over and squeezes my hand.

"He'll be okay." She says looking over at me with tears in her eyes.

I couldn't tell if she was trying to convince me or herself.

*

"Mrs. Parker." A man in a long white jacket walks up to my mom and I. "I'm doctor Evans, I preformed the surgery on your husband today, he is back in his room-"

My mom cuts him off. "Oh thank heavens, he's okay!" She looks at me and smiles. "He's okay!"

"Mrs. Parker." The doctor begins. "I'm so sorry to inform you that your husband lost a lot of blood. His injuries were so severe that by the time he made it to the hospital, there was nothing any of us could do."