Caitlyn

ETHAN'S POV
__________

"Welcome home baby girl!" I say with the cheesiest smile on my face.

Mckayla hobbles over and wraps her arms around me.

"I missed you so much!" She cries.

I pick her up and bring her into a tighter hug.

"Alright alright. Don't break her anymore than what she already is." My dad says picking Mckayla up to set her on the couch.

"How's your leg?" I ask studying her thigh high cast.

"It's broken." She huffs.

Then a smile appears on her face.

"Where's Megan?" She asks excitedly.

I frown thinking of Megan but quickly smile back at Mckayla.

"Well her parents came back home so she's back at her own house." I say sitting next to my little sister.

"When will she be back?"

"Well baby girl, I don't really know, but you know what I do know?" I say changing the subject.

"What?"

"It's going on 10:00 pm and you definitely need some sleep."

Mckayla crosses her arms and pouts.

"I'm not even tired." She yawns and looks at our dad.

"I'm gonna have to agree with Ethan sweetie. The doctors may have sent you home, but you definitely need to take it easy for awhile."

My dad walks up to Mckayla and picks her up to carry her to her room.

With heavy eyes she waves goodnight.

Once they get upstairs I hear a knock at the door.

I open it to see Caitlyn standing there with tear stained cheeks and red eyes.

"Caitlyn? What's wrong? Are you okay?" I question bringing her inside and closing the door.

"I messed up!" She says crying into my shoulder.

Confused, I bring her to the couch and sit down facing her.

"What happened?" I ask.

"How did things between us get so bad? I never meant to hurt you the way I did and now its too late. You were the only guy that ever loved me!" She says between sobs.

"Caitlyn, people love you. What's going on?"

She cries into her hands.

"My parents are done with me! I really messed up this time."

"What do you mean done with you?"

"I mean they're done! They've kicked me out and don't want me to go back home. Ever." She finishes. Sobbing quietly.

"So I tried going to Tommy's house because we're kind of together. I explained to him what happened and asked if I could stay for a few nights. He had no problem with it and let me in. Well about an hour before I got here, he kept trying to have sex with me. I told him I wasn't in the mood and just needed someone to comfort me and he got really mad. He called me a bitch and a tease and threw me out of his house." She began crying harder.

"Ethan I have nowhere else to go."

She looks at me with sad eyes.

"You were the only guy whoever cared for me and I played with your heart like it was nothing." She pauses. "I'm a horrible person Ethan."

I bring her into a hug and rest her head on my shoulder.

"No you're not Caitlyn." I rub her back and try to soothe her.

"Listen. You can stay here for a few nights while you're getting yourself together. I'll talk to my dad about it in the morning but for right now, let's just head upstairs and get some sleep."

She nods and follows me up the stairs and to my room.

I go to my dresser and pull out one of my old lacrosse shirts and toss it to her.

"Turn around." She says.

I refrain from smirking and turn around even though I had seen Caitlyn's naked body over a hundred times.

"You still have this?" She says after getting dressed.

I turn around to see her holding up a picture of us from last summer.

I go and take it from her hands.

"Well yeah, it was a really good memory. Last summer with you.

I look at the picture and remember how happy I was that summer. So in love with Caitlyn and so carefree about everything else.

I set it down. "Get some sleep C." I say.

She leans over and kisses my cheek before taking a spot on my bed and falling asleep.

I get in next to her and fall asleep a little bit after.

*~*

I open my eyes to read the clock on my nightstand that shows 5:30 am.

I could've sworn I had heard a knock at the front door.

I turn to see Caitlyn sleeping soundly next to me. I get up, head downstairs, and open the front door to see Megan walking towards a car.

"Megan?" I ask making sure it was really her.

She turns and faces me.

The cold air nips at my arms.

"What are you doing out here? It's freezing! Come inside!" I say rubbing my arms.

"No. This will only take a moment." She says shivering outside.

"Ethan listen." She starts. "I was wrong. I was wrong to push you away like that. When it comes down to it, you're this baby's father and I shouldn't have shut you out like that, but you were wrong also Ethan. You were wrong to lie to me and bet on me. You should have never played with my emotions like that, but as I see it, we were both wrong. We both did things we shouldn't have. But Ethan," Tears start rolling down her cheeks and my heart drops.

"I'm not going to be able to do this without you. I don't know if you even still want to do this but all I know is I'm not going to be able to raise a baby without you. I'm not even sure if this is what I want, A baby that is, but if this is what you want, well I'm willing to try." She finishes, wiping the tears from her eyes and pulling her coat tighter.

I hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

Then Caitlyn walks up to me.

"Baby, what's going on?" She asks half asleep.

I look back at Megan but only for a second knowing there must've been a thousand things going through her head.

"Nothing Caitlyn. Go back upstairs. I'll be up in a minute."

She heads back upstairs.

I sigh and look at Megan sadly.

"I'm sorry Megan, but this isn't what I want anymore." I tell her.

The freezing temperature nips at my arms again and I hand Megan one of my jackets that were hanging by the door before I close it on her and whatever we could have had.

WELL HERES ANOTHER CHAPTER AND IN LESS THAN 12 HOURS I MIGHT ADD! JUST TRYING TO MAKE UP FOR THE YEARS I WENT WITHOUT UPDATING THIS BOOK.

SO TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS ON CAITLYN! WHAT DO YOU THINK?

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO HAPPEN?

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

ALSO DON'T FORGET TO VOTE! I'D REALLY LIKE TO CONTINUE WRITING THIS STORY!