Staying with the Howard's

"So, you'll be staying in the guest room. Ethan can show you where that is." Ethan's dad says as we walk into the house.

It's funny how small the world really is. You spend your whole life thinking the world is this huge, amazing place where you were put on for a purpose. You think about all the places you'd love to travel to as a kid. You think about all the people put on earth and how there's so much exploring to do, when in reality, earth isn't as big as you make it seem. When in reality, earth could be the size of your palm.

I mean who would've thought Ethan's father, Paul, was the man my mother had known since high school? Who would've thought Paul was the man my mom trusted to take care of me for a week? Who would've thought Paul and Ethan were connected? Because I sure as hell didn't!

"Thank you?" It came out ruder than I had intended.

"My oldest daughter, still has some clothes in her old room that I'm sure you could fit."

I nod.

"Well I'm heading back to the hospital, Ethan's coming with me. You're more then welcome to join us."

"Oh no, I'm okay. I'm just going to clean up." I say not wanting to be anywhere near Ethan.

"Well okay then. Ethan!" Paul calls.

I see Ethan come down the stairs.

"Are you ready?" Paul asks.

Ethan looks at me. My eyes shuffle to my feet.

"I'm ready." He says not moving his eyes off me.

"Well, we should be back in a couple hours Megan. Help yourself to anything."

"Thank you!" I say.

They head out the door.

___________________________

I didn't know how I was gonna survive the week. Paul and Ethan had only been gone for three hours and it seemed like twelve hours because I was so anxious waiting for them to come back. Not in the good way either.

I head up to the bathroom to take a shower.

I don't know how long I sat on the floor of the tub, while the water ran down my back and soaked my face, blending in with the tears falling down my cheeks.

I don't even know why I'm crying over Ethan. We spent a couple days together and two weeks ago he didn't even know my name. Can you really fall in love with a guy in five days. Wait! Did I just admit to myself that I loved Ethan? Shit! No, I don't! You can't fall in love in five days.

I get out of the shower, wrap a towel around me, and start heading to my temporary room when I notice Ethan's room.

"Don't do it Megan. Don't go snooping." I say aloud to myself as I open Ethan's door.

His room was messy, but a cute kind of messy. He had jackets kinda thrown on the floor with a couple T-shirts and some papers. He had a couple basketball and lacrosse trophies on his dresser along with some pictures of him and what seemed to be his little sister and one random picture that stood out. It was him and some girl I hadn't seen before.

I knew everyone that went to our school. Maybe not personally, but our school was so small that I recognized everyone's face, but not this girl.

She's absolutely stunning. She had light brown hair with light blue eyes. They seemed to be really happy in the picture.

I frown.

"What are you doing?"

I jump and drop the picture onto the ground.

"Ethan!" I say picking up the now cracked frame. "I was just, I got lost and-"

"Megan it's a two story house, and you just happened to get lost and wonder into my room?"

I frown.

"And you just happen to be going through my stuff and breaking my pictures?"

I look down at the picture.

I walk up to him and shove the picture in his hands.

"The pictures fine, I'll buy you a new frame." I say angry.

I try making a sassy exit, but the door snags my towel and unravels it leaving me naked in front of Ethan.

My face burns red. "Okay bye!" I say shakily and leave.

___________________________

OKAY, ANOTHER SHORT CHAPTER. SORRY.

NEXT CHAPTER WILL HAVE ETHAN'S POV.

WHO DO YOU THINK THE GIRL IN THE PICTURE WAS?

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT THOUGHTS SO FAR. I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU.

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO HAPPEN NEXT?