The falling out

"Thanks for coming." I say to Liam who had been sitting on my couch in silence for 20 minutes.

I hadn't even spoken to him until just now. I was debating on what I was planning on saying.

"You seemed to have been in distress so I came." He says politely.

"We kissed." I blurt out.

He pauses and then laughs a little. "I am aware."

"No. We kissed and I'm not available."

"Oh. I see. You are feeling guilty." He looked a bit sad.

"It was a mistake. There will never be an "us"."

He gets up from the couch and walks towards me. "There could be Megan. I can not possibly imagine what you have been through and what you are going through but if you would be kind enough to let me, I would love to help you through your tough times."

"Why? Why do you care so much for me when you barely even know me?" I ask. It was something I had wanted to ask him for awhile but never got around to doing.

He sighs. "It was the first day I saw you. I had actually seen you previous to when we met in the classroom. I had seen a glimpse of you in the hallway. You were walking with Lilly and laughing at something. You seemed so happy. That was only in the 2 seconds I had seen you walk by. Then when I met you in class you had looked so," He pauses. "Heartbreaking. I could not bare the way you looked. It hurt me. All I could think to myself is, "who is this girl and what can I do to help her"? Over the past few days I noticed you would always seem happy with your friends but when you were alone you would go back to a state of sorrow and the more I saw it, the more I knew I had to get to know you. I had to know what misery from your past or present was bringing you so much pain. You put on a good show Megan. With Lilly and Ethan and your peers, but you can not hide it from me. I know life is hard, but carrying all these burdens by yourself is so much harder. I just want to be here for you. It is not about your looks to me. Yes, you are the most beautiful person I have ever laid eyes on, but it is more about your soul and if I have to, I'll wait for you Megan Parker."

I stood there completely astonished. I have never known anyone who spoke with words like Liam. I try to forget everything he just said but I knew I wouldn't be able too.

I take the biggest breath of my life before speaking. "Liam, I'm sorry, but for me, it was just a kiss to me. I don't feel those things for you. Ethan is my boyfriend and nothing will ever change that."

"I might have a different opinion on that." I hear an all too familiar voice come from my front door.

I turn to see my door wide open and Ethan standing there completely devastated.

"How long have you been there?" I ask, not knowing what to say first.

"I just got here. I was going to knock but I wanted to surprise you. You kissed Liam."

He hadn't even looked angry, just full on heartbroken.

I didn't know what to say. I couldn't lie but I didn't even know where to begin my sentence. I was so scared.

"Yes." I say slowly, avoiding eye contact.

"I- I trusted you Megan! You told me there was nothing going on between you two!"

Now I could sense the anger.

"There's not!" I quickly say, looking into his eyes.

"I know I've done some pretty awful things to you, horrible things and I apologized for those. I changed, but this Megan, this is something I would have never done to you. This is unforgivable."

I try fighting back the tears because I know I completely deserved everything he was saying, but I couldn't help it. They started to fall anyways.

"And you!" Ethan spats coldly at Liam. "You knew we were together!"

"You do not know her." Liam says calmly.

"Oh, and you do!" Ethan says stepping closer to Liam and I.

"I know that she is not happy. You were too oblivious to realize that she is hurting and has been for awhile now. I can make her happy."

Ethan clenches his teeth together. "Not if you're dead you can't!"

That's when it happens. Ethan lunges towards Liam and throws a fist straight into his jaw so hard Liam falls to the ground. He punches him again and again. Blood starts coming from Liam's nose. He punches him again.

"Ethan stop it!" I shout, running towards him, trying to pull him off of Liam.

He punches him again and Liam lays on the floor unconscious, lifeless.

I start slamming my hands against Ethan's back.

"Stop it! You'll kill him!" I cry.

I gather all my strength and push Ethan off of Liam.

Ethan gets up with bloodstained fists and tears in his eyes.

"I don't ever want to see you again!" He says coldly, wiping a tear from his cheek before leaving me in a pool full of tears and Liam torn up, passed out on my living room floor.

What have I done?

This chapter is a bit short also but I did that on purpose. It was crazy intense though.

What are your thoughts on this chapter?

What do you think of Liam and what he said to Megan?

Whose team are you on now?

Do you think Megan and Ethan still have a chance even after this?

Please leave me your comments and vote if you enjoyed this chapter or were intrigued with it or even yelling at your phone the entire time.

I love you all so much!