The breaking point

"Liam, please wake up!" I had been shaking Liam's unconscious body for around 30 minutes.

There was so much blood. I didn't know what to do. I hadn't ever seen a fight before and I didn't even know if he was okay. I just really needed him to wake up.

I run over to the sink and wet a paper towel with cold water. I then go back to the living room, kneel down by Liam, and place the towel on his head.

"Liam, you've got to get up!" I say panicked.

His eyes open slowly. "Ah!" He screams in pain. "What happened?"

I hand him the towel so that he can wipe up some of the blood from his face.

"Ethan." I say quietly.

He looks into my eyes. "Oh, Megan I am so sorry. I never did mean for all this to happen."

I nod my head. "I know. Do you feel okay? Do you need to go to the hospital?"

"No no. I am fine."

I help him to his feet.

"You should probably go then." I say, quietly looking down at the ground.

He nods. "Of course." He says slowly, walking towards the door.

"I really am sorry."

His face had never looked so sad before. I give him a slight smile and nod before he leaves my house.

I then collapse onto the floor in tears.

One week later

"Why didn't you just tell me?" Lilly questions.

We were sitting on my bed and I had finally decided to tell her the truth.

"So Liam did come over that day?"

I nod my head.

"Well what did you lie for?" Lilly asks confused.

I take a deep breath. "We kissed." I exhale.

Lilly stays quiet for what seemed like hours.

"I don't know what I was thinking and now everything's ruin." I say breaking the silence.

"Does Ethan know?" She asks.

I nod my head. "He overheard us talking about it and he hasn't answered any of my calls or texts and I even drove over to his house yesterday, but his dad said he was unable to come to the door. He's completely done with me."

Lilly places her hand on my back and starts rubbing it.

"I would scowl at you for cheating on the most amazing man you have ever been with, but I won't because I know that's not what you need right now."

A tear falls down to my cheek.

"So what do you need?"

I try fighting back the rest of the tears. "I just really need a hug." I cry.

She pity's me and brings me into a hug. "Everything is going to be fine." She whispers. I didn't think she believed it though. I know I didn't.

*

I step up to the door one last time.

I had spent most of last night crying and watching sad movies with Lilly and here I was, yet again, at Ethan's door.