Fault 1

First Phone. First book bag. My first day of high school. I'm just as nervous as I am excited. That morning my mom was pestering me about changing my mind. You see I've been home schooled all my life because of she's gone through in her childhood and during 911. After all that she's been caught up in a fantasy that everyone was out to get me because I was her 'Precious Baby.' I mean every baby is precious but she makes it seem like the situation is like what happened in the Bible. You know like I'm Jesus Christ.
I hopped down the stairs. She was still following around pestering me. I refused the idea. I wanted this. This would be utterly anazing. A new experience. I slipped my foot into my left boot.
"Honey please. You don't have to go. They'll make fun of your name."
"Oh please. That doesn't even bother me. I'm not the first girl with a boy name. I couldn't care what people thought."
She kept on pestering me. Which soon enough became very annoying. I told her what she hated most. I mentioned my adoption. She's unable to conceive children so she adopted me and two other runts. One of them is of Asian decent and the other is from Greek. Her English is surprisingly better than mine. She dropped the school matter and gave me lunch money. I practically ran out the house as if it was my first lung full of air.
I caught the empty express bus. I sat in the front. First day of school and I have no idea how to get there. A couple of stops from me another high school student got on. He looked through his camera and sat next to me. Towards the last stop the bus driver yelled out what sounded like my high school name . I wasn't at all sure. I knew what it looked like so why not take my chances and possibly be late on the first day.
I had showed up late but truancy lead me to my school. No necessary punishment needed for someone who just started going to high school. I started second period which is at 8:10. I only been late by fifteen minutes. My first period class was U.S History. Coming in late was spectacular.
The teacher had been doing attendance and called me named just as I awkwardly slide in. My peers called out about name. The one I sat with on the bus asked if my secret identity was a boy. My U.S History teacher settled the class down and sat me next to the one with the camera.
"I'm Josh" he introduced himself with his hand out.
"I don't touch people I just met or in general."
"You hate other people's germs. I get it. Don't touch anything under the desk here. You'll be disgusted."
I giggled. The class onward wasn't so bad. Josh kept a good conversation. He laughed at my mom and me. But laughed more at the fact this is my first year in high school. Yet alone my junior year. Josh suggested making this year more fun. Internally I suggested to take any opportunity thrown at me.

This is how it all started. After three or four weeks. I. Fell. Apart. I join three clubs and one sport I went to on Friday. I was the most popular girl in school. But not some snooby cocky one. Just a helpful one. Most people came to me with their problems and I gave the best response I could. I even had a crush on Josh during those weeks. Of couse my mom didn't know. She couldn't know. Everything was wonderful but wonderful things don't last.

Because leading up to it all was me emotional falling apart. Josh either liking me or every other girl in the school. Not only that but everyone was asking for too much out of me. I had answers but I wouldn't supply all the answers. I didn't deserve to hold all the answers.
So on that finally day the stress took over me and I slammed my head against the table until it bleed. I ripped out my hair.

And they sent me away.