Fault 41

The end of my suspension feels like a Simon has helped me. I am relieved and glad to be able to go to school. I mean I feel like that as I'm walking to U.S History. Then I remember there's finals and regents. I don't get stressed out about it. I play it collective and cool.
Mr.Issac gets his old classroom back. It almost feels like I never left. I poke my head through the door. I missed second period but I know he likes to linger in class since no other class comes in after him. He notices me after my staring.
"Well I'll be damned. The trouble maker is back. And I have excellent news for you to hear."
"Cancer free and you need to start living your life the way you want to" I sing and pull his cheeks while at it.
"How did you know? I didn't tell anyone. That's not important. I'm taking a long break from this job. A vacation I guess. I really do need to start living how I want to live."
"And what about your pretty gals?" I ask with so much joy his eyebrows rise up.
"They're staying with their mother." His arms entrap me. I guess this is our goodbye. "I don't act like it but you are my favorite student. There wasn't a topic you didn't know."
"You're my favorite teacher" I whisper and hold back an ocean of tears.
I have to do this some other day.
Not just today. When I deliver the news.
When I reject them.

Author's note: Sorry for the short chapter.