Fault 18

Josh grows upset and tugs me back to the ferry. My sleeping legs don't make his situation better. He's tugging me to the point my feet are dragging against the ground. Must be my restless smiling face. Smiling makes my cheeks hurt. I fear of wrinkles.
"Am I still making you uncomfortable?"
He says, "No I actually have to go straight home."
Good I didn't make him feel awkward but I felt awkward. A friendship where you both feel awkward. I'm convinced he doesn't want to stick around any longer because of how awkward it is. We're stickers on a wall; peeling off slowly.

I wake up late. Deliberately though. It's only five minutes after second period started. It's snowing even more. Why do I have to go school in the snow? I can easily slip and crack my skull. Jordan hops up and down on my bed. I didn't sign up for this but it's too late now.
"We want pancakes!"she yells. I push her off my bed. "Hey, I could have gotten hurt."
"Haven't you ever read that book about the monkeys jumping off the bed. I'm sure there's one sibling who pushes the other off."
"Why are you so grumpy?" she says.
"Teenager stuff. Now get out my room." She says something about making her pancakes. She was threatening me but I couldn't care.